1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Getting Call of Duty Today.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Demosthanese, Jan 8, 2004.

1. Demosthanese

Demosthanese .

I played the demos this morning, and my Jaw hit the floor. It remained there
    untill the demo was over, and I went back for more. This has got to be the
    most realistic retail WW2 FPS I have ever seen. Didn't realise that such a
    quality game could come from a store shelf!

Anyway, I'll head out in a couple of hours when the stores open.

2. janno

janno Reanimator

Does it have a cd key thingy...

3. G-Fresh

G-Fresh Red

You've not played Hidden & Dangerous 2 then.

4. spm1138

spm1138 Irony Is

He is right. H&D2 pwns CoD.

CoD is a pretty good run & gun shooter, but it's only got about seven hours of gameplay in it.

5. The_Fur

The_Fur Back in black

also nice special effects=/=realism

Still it's a good game but not something worth $50 IMO.

6. MP_Lord_Kee

MP_Lord_Kee New Member

CoD was great but short. Awesome atmosphere time to time and if you can play games as "intended" by activating scripted events on cue with what the developer had in mind it really rocks.

With 20 years of gaming experience one has come to expect a tad more thou...:/

//Kee

7. Demosthanese

Demosthanese .

I was mainly refering to the damage, iron sigts that work pretty well and the
    fact that crouching and tossing grenades works better at defeating a group of
    enemies than running around like a CSer and gunning everything while doing
    acrobatic jumping.

No, I have not played H&D2 (Hidden and Dangerous?)

8. Maetschikk

Maetschikk aka Schlomo

I don't like it. Single player is just too much like Medal of Honor. There is nothing new, no innovation. MOHAA with iron sights. Same engine, same graphics, same map-design, same "feel", same missions. But I haven't played it online yet...

9. {Ghetto_Ghepetto}

{Ghetto_Ghepetto} I am #1 Asian big boob queen!

Someone told me CoD was very bad with online play...they could be wrong..

10. Lightzout

Lightzout Infiltration Player

I am waiting for H&D2/CoD to drop in price.

11. RaekwoN

RaekwoN Infiltration Level Designer

I've been playing it online for the past few days. It feels a hell of alot like Day of Defeat crossed with Quake 3. Depends a lot on the people you're playing it with, one or two bunny hopping smacktards with sub-machineguns on certain maps can ruin the experience completely. There are some very nice, rather large, terrain type maps which play really well. Possibly the coolest thing about it though is the "DeathCam" which gives you a 5-10 second view of the lead up to your death from your killers perspective.

12. kanegs

kanegs New Member

When will they come out with the WWII shooter that lets you reload an M1 Garand mid clip?

By biggest pet peeve about CoD was the Kar98 and the scoped Kar98 using different ammo and the scoped one not using stripper clips.

13. SaraP

SaraP New Member

You can't reload an M1 Garand mid-clip in real life, either.

14. OICW

OICW Reason & Logic > Religion

I've been thinking about getting Hidden and Dangerous 2, except that apparently it's still fairly buggy, even patched and the interface could be a bit more helpful. Is it worth getting or not?

15. Demosthanese

Demosthanese .

If it's anything like the mauser, the reason why you can't use a clip is because
    the scope is too low for clips and there is only enough clearence to load it 1 by
    1. WHat I want to see is the soldier loading more than one at a time, ala INF
    shottie (props too however made that animation, but they need to replace my
    stained pants;)).

16. Big Red

Big Red New Member

CoD is a good game. I loved the Brit bridge mission. I wouldn't play it on Greenhorn though or it's way too short :)

Also I think you can reload a Garand mid-clip if you pull back the operating rod handle and press the clip latch. It should spring out. Im not sure why you would want to(in battle). Though I never seen one in rl so probably wrong :)

17. Derelan

Derelan Tracer Bullet

CoD is very fun and very realistic, if you turn off the ENTIRE hud (no crosshair, no compass, no health, nothin). I'm glad they removed the millions of health packs scattered everywhere before release.

However, since you are sitting in the back of the truck with an mg42 that has infinite ammo, its still MoH to me.

18. Demosthanese

Demosthanese .

At least the MG42 buzzes as oposed to RtCW's pop.pop.pop. Still, I hate being able to
    hold down the fire button and never have the barrel overheat or run outa ammo.

BTW, I'm playing through on Veteran. Figured anything less wouldn't be realistic.

19. kanegs

kanegs New Member

Attached Files:

20. BlAcK_PlAgUe22

BlAcK_PlAgUe22 I ooze.

Just because you can doesn't mean it's widely practiced. From what I hear, it's difficult to reload mid-clip. I'd like to think this goes along the same lines as the "wire-cutter" for the AUG. ;)