Getting booted

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

J3110

Flack jumper
Aug 27, 2004
So, I applied the latest patch for UT(3323, I think) and now I keep getting disconnected from UnWheel games.
I patched my server too, so I know I'm running both a patched client and server and it still disconnects me for some reason.
I went and tried playing Ons for a bit and didn't have any issues and then went back to UW to confirm and sure enough it disconnected me. No message or anything...the game just stops responding to input and everything keeps doing what it was when I got disconnected(players driving in circles n whatnot...kinda creepy, actually...hehehe). I reconnected one time and saw myself die and leave the game, even...wassup with that? It was on CTF FallenMetropolis and I was in the flag room when it disconnected me...I reconnect and drove up to the hut and saw my driver guy do the die anim and let out the little yelp and everything. It happened on another UW server as well...haven't tested em all yet.
Anyways, I didn't see anyone else complaining, but all I can think of is maybe reinstalling UnWheel?
I also watched all those matinees that just came out, so I dunno what they were doing to my ini's, but maybe they jacked me up?

$n][pErMan

UnWheel Server Guru!
Aug 29, 2004
I just updated my linux server with the UT patch (along with the kernel) and updated my windows puter too. I'll post here if I have or have a lack of issues with unreal. Hope to have my UnWheel server back up soon as im currently getting everything running again server wise on my linux box. :)

J3110

Flack jumper
Aug 27, 2004
K, I just reinstalled the whole game from scratch and fully updated to 3323 and I'm still getting booted. Thing is, nobody else seems to be having any problems...the guys I asked said they were on 3270, though, so I dunno. Maybe I should reinstall back up to 3270 to see if that's it.
Anyways, it only happens in UnWheel. I'll post a log next time it happens(in other words, next time I try to play a full game of unwheel).

JACK SH!T

Evil Genius in a Nutshell
Sep 2, 2004
J3110 said:
K, I just reinstalled the whole game from scratch and fully updated to 3323 and I'm still getting booted. Thing is, nobody else seems to be having any problems...the guys I asked said they were on 3270, though, so I dunno. Maybe I should reinstall back up to 3270 to see if that's it.
Anyways, it only happens in UnWheel. I'll post a log next time it happens(in other words, next time I try to play a full game of unwheel).
I reverted back to the first ut2k4 patch. I had issues also. Reverting back seems to have solved them. My guess is that the second patch is FULL of bugs, and was rushed out to add a few minor things that go unnoticed.

*edit*
damn, it's 1 am here !#@%$ I need to get a few quick laps in....

Last edited:

$n][pErMan

UnWheel Server Guru!
Aug 29, 2004
Iv'e had no issues with the patch and was able to play UnWheel for 20 minutes with no issues at all. If one comes up though I will defenetly post about it. ALL servers MUST have the new patch or they will NOT advertise on the master server list. Or so epic has stated. So the patch is a must.

J3110

Flack jumper
Aug 27, 2004
I'm pretty sure it was due to one or many of the 2000+ infected files on my rig that was giving me issues. To add insult to injury, I work at an ISP in tech support so I shoulda known better, eh?
Anyways, all is well now.

As for the patch, yeah guys...patch your servers if they're not already. There's really no excuse and although Epic has stated they will not advertise servers pre 3323 patch, I seem to remember reasing something about it actually being a previous version but the poster could have just used the wrong version number.
Anyways...race on!