Getting back into gaming

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
Job is full time.
Photography took a back seat when baby came. Business is still good, just too much to be working 70-80 hours a week. No joke either. I was working non stop. I've scaled back and I'm just doing IT work now with the occasional shoot. Its better this way.. at least until baby grows up a bit.

Gaming!!
I'm doing it!
I stopped playing games back in 2007 when UT2007 came out. Played the demo. It wouldnt play on my machine cause 5-20fps sucks. I'm a tweaking, overclocking bastard and it was game over for me.

I just bought a new rig. Will build it next week. I've got 5 years to get caught up with. Right now I'm playing borderlands on my mac mini at 640x480 with all settings on low with Intel HD3000 graphics. SLow, but it gets the job done. I'm having fun so I'll buy the 2nd one soon after the new rig gets here.

Are you guys still playing games?
If so... what did I miss? Soooo out of the loop.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Mike! It sounds like fatherhood is going well ... congrats! :)

Yup, I completely agree--sometimes ya gotta drop the long work hours and get some dubba dubba cheeseburgers in ya ....

I do very little PC gaming, but I do play some XBOX 360 games somewhat regularly. I really enjoyed Skyrim, and I would continue playing it, but I can't get past a couple integral(ish) missions. GTA:V should be awesome regardless of platform, but it likely won't be out until at least March.

Borderlands 2 is out, so you can always play that after you finish the first one.

Oh, and Red Dead Redemption goes well with lots of **** and lots of ***. So I've read.

xbawks??? add me, GT is BSTRDSLYR , currently I play Borderlands 2, Resident Evil 6 is next on my list but I think BO2 will make me save those bucks for some time.
Also when the next Battlefield 3 dlc hits I'll go look for my cd and might play that one some more.

oosyxxx

teh3vilspa7ula
Jan 4, 2000
I only have Xbox Live Silver so I won't be able to do any gaming :(

Maybe we could chat some time, though, so I will add you.

QUALTHWAR

Baitshop opening soon.
Apr 9, 2000
Nali City, Florida
web.tampabay.rr.com
I miss it. My Wii isn’t hooked up yet since moving into fiancée’s house. Was playing Tiger Woods 2012 golf, and other stuff when at bachelor pad. No Age of Empires. No FPS. Sucks. No time, it seems like.

I want to get back into gaming, too.

oosyxxx

teh3vilspa7ula
Jan 4, 2000
By the way, any idea how to get a 12-month XBOX Live Gold membership for cheap?

QUALTHWAR

Baitshop opening soon.
Apr 9, 2000
Nali City, Florida
web.tampabay.rr.com
Don't know about any way to get cheap stuff, other than bird sanctuary, but wiiU looks like something I could get my grandson for the holidays. Is there wiiPron? Or perhaps fucking stoned larrys wii? if so, might be a good gift for me.

AMmayhem

Mayhem is everywhere
Nov 3, 2001
NaliCity, MI
Visit site
Been trying to cut back on gaming myself. Playing Guild Wars 2 when I find any spare time. Mass Effect 1 was absolutely great, 2 was ok, and 3 will just break your heart.

Beyond that haven't played much else other than League of Legends, but I wouldn't recommend that unless you love people trolling or dealing with teammates that are constantly PMS'ing. Haven't played it since July I think? I'm glad I left it behind.

Rukee

Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!
May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
No PC games but doing the xbox thing. Been playing Borderlands 2, bout done with it. About done with Skyrim, played through the storyline and just bogus missions left. Might consider doing the add on stuff through the market place. At level 82 with that. Dirt 2 and 3 are pretty fun.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
No PC games but doing the xbox thing. Been playing Borderlands 2, bout done with it. About done with Skyrim, played through the storyline and just bogus missions left. Might consider doing the add on stuff through the market place. At level 82 with that. Dirt 2 and 3 are pretty fun.

:mad: add me BSTRDSLYR I've been playing bo2 for the past weeks non stop. could'a 've used 'ye Ruks :D

By the way, any idea how to get a 12-month XBOX Live Gold membership for cheap?

usually you guys in the US get the better deals on anything bought online. try checking out MS monthly deals, amazon or even ebay but beware of scammers.

Last edited:

oosyxxx

teh3vilspa7ula
Jan 4, 2000
:mad: add me BSTRDSLYR I've been playing bo2 for the past weeks non stop. could'a 've used 'ye Ruks :D

usually you guys in the US get the better deals on anything bought online. try checking out MS monthly deals, amazon or even ebay but beware of scammers.

The cheapest I could find is $40 for 12 months. I got it for $30 once, and I have been pining for such a sweet deal ever since, and it has really brought out the cheapskate in me ;)

QUALTHWAR

Baitshop opening soon.
Apr 9, 2000
Nali City, Florida
web.tampabay.rr.com
Ya know, we all talk about getting back into gaming and remembering how it was long ago when Unreal consumed our lives. But the reality is, we (by ‘we’ I mean me) have lives now. It’s like, I’m white, but 4 of the 6 children my girlfriend has had is black. She says it’s my fault; some family gene thing that I was unaware of.

So, you end up spending your time researching stuff like this when you could be fraking people. Fraking? Is that right? What the heck was it when you would blow people into chunks with the frak? flack? chunky soup canon do-hickey weapon?

Sorry. Sorry, everybody. Just blowing off steam. I got a boo-boo on the Mr. Westcott the other day and wonder if that weird, sorta-skinny guy from those Subway commercials may have given it to me.

oosyxxx

teh3vilspa7ula
Jan 4, 2000
Ya know, we all talk about getting back into gaming and remembering how it was long ago when Unreal consumed our lives. But the reality is, we (by ‘we’ I mean me) have lives now. It’s like, I’m white, but 4 of the 6 children my girlfriend has had is black. She says it’s my fault; some family gene thing that I was unaware of.

So, you end up spending your time researching stuff like this when you could be fraking people. Fraking? Is that right? What the heck was it when you would blow people into chunks with the frak? flack? chunky soup canon do-hickey weapon?

Sorry. Sorry, everybody. Just blowing off steam. I got a boo-boo on the Mr. Westcott the other day and wonder if that weird, sorta-skinny guy from those Subway commercials may have given it to me.

Much appreciated! :D

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
Thanks guys!

I played the crap out of Borderlands 1, 2, and a few other games I cant remember. I then gave gaming up again, sold my 2,500 custom pc and bought a $4k camera. Much happier now... but sometimes I miss being able to game late at night. My 2 year old daughter doesn't allow gaming during the day, not even Candy crush!