Getting a Assertion Failed error

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Striker

Nov 30, 1999
Atlanta, GA
Visit site
Help! I just installed UT retail version. The install went ok. I rebooted my PC. When I run UT the intro. video plays. But when I hit esc. to run the game I get this error:

Critical Error:
Assertion failed: InPos>=0[File:...\...\Core\Inc\FFileManager\Windows.h][Line:56}

RW

Nov 24, 1999
Sparks, Nevada USA
Visit site
What is your system specifications like video card, cpu, and ram?

Try this from your desktop right click on "MyComputer" then select properties/performance and at the bottom select "file system" then change the "typ role of this computer" to "Network server" and see if that helps. Also have you tried to start UT in "UT Safe Mode"?

Striker

Nov 30, 1999
Atlanta, GA
Visit site
I have a Pentum II/233, 128Megs of Ram, Voodoo2 card, Monster MX300 sound card.
When I had UT demo, it ran just fine with no problems. I unstalled UT demo before I installed UT retail version. When I try to run in Safe Mode the safe mode option screen just goes away and I'm back at my Windows desk top as if nothing happened. --Thanks for you help.

Striker

Nov 30, 1999
Atlanta, GA
Visit site
Ok, I got UT retail version to work. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it. Don't know what happened to cause the problem but uninstalling and reinstalling it worked. Yea!!! Time to Deathmatch!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.