GET UNWHEEL NOW!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Lukian

Lukian the Wizard
OMFG!
All I can say to all my friends is GET UNWHEEL NOW!
That and UT2004 has the best engine on the market atm. :D
(though HL2 sounds like it'll offer some interesting oppurtunities)

Anyway, hey all, I've just played Unwheel for the first time and here's my thoughts, suggestions, comments and bug reports.
I come from a community of about 20 avid gamers, our most popular game at our lans is.. you guessed it, anything Unreal Tournament based. Quite a few of us are Need For Speed fans also. You could call me an avid gamer and beta tester. ;)

To a friend: DUDE, that's a lannage game for ****ing sure :D

only two things missing imho
1. weapons - By this I mean map pickups for vehicle mounted weapons ;)
2. my character seated in the vehicle :)
oh, and 3. working AI :p

After a bit more playing,
doh, missed a checkpoint, wtf, i just drove over a divider.
Some track markers (like reflectors on this sides of the "recommended" track (hehe, can almost drive anywhere) would be nice.

More playing:
* me cries
a tabletop!!!! map
it's micromachines style
i love these guys :D
HAHA

Even more playing:
lol @ bug i found :D
you can jump OUT of the vehicle
but you have no skin or weapons
It would be nice if you could actually jump out as your UT2004 character with weapons and kick some sense into the players that are pissing you off your ass ;) of course: this would be a match startup option.

Too much more playing (btw, i'm playing by myself, LOL):
some people aren't gonna like that braking system
You have to hold back to stop, and then let go to reverse,
the vehicles should automatically reverse.

Friend (Skaet`en): what do you think of it?
dude, that's ****ing awesome
completely transforms UT into another game

Also, some predefined configs, like say "TOCA", "NFS", "Monster Truck Madness" etc, would be nice for the vehicle setups.

The skin preview: IE. car selection is also buggy, the cars actually started upside down the first time I was in there, not to mention the backwards 57 on one of the cars :-/

It would be nice if you changed the text on those in game textures from "Unreal Tournament 2003" to just "Unreal Tournament" too. :)

jerdaygo

How jerdaygo?
Jan 10, 2004
USA
Sup Lukian

There are many bugs that were not ironed out before this release because of the 3 day deadline for E3, but shrimp is working hard on many bug fixes, and AI. Wait till you seen the next relese, its going to be good, and should be close to, on or just after the MSU phase 3 deadline which has been extended to june 6.

Last edited:

Diego1203

Jan 10, 2004
Don't get your hopes up for AI in LAN games though, in the our latest internal releases the AI is turned off in multiplayer due to performance and other reasons.

Diego1203

Jan 10, 2004
It's not turned off because of network traffic, maybe Shrimp will show up and explain exacly why he has it turned off.

jerdaygo

How jerdaygo?
Jan 10, 2004
USA
Pretty much all of the bugs you are asking about are being addressed, the markers for the check points is something that is up to the mapper of the level.

Adding wepons and a deathmatch to the game would be kinda fun, but dont count on it, UnWheel is ment to be just cars and driving style gametypes (I did loved Road Blasters, anyone else remember Road Blasters or am i just too old) anyway.

As far as the breaking goes, I don't use them :lol: faster, faster, faster :D
dont know, I dont have a problem with them but shrimp might read this and think about it.

As for the backwards numbers, that has to do with skinning of the vehicles so i dont know how that works but they have been that way for a while and dont see them changing soon.

Not sure about a defalt set up.

And changeing the textures is another thing that is up to the mapper of the level, not sure which one it is but if its in the unwheel texture package than it could just be changed in there.

You may not see many of these fixes/changed for the next release, there are many other things that need to be addressed before the june 6th deadline, I dont know if you have played multiplayer yet ( must not have if those are the only bugs you found :) ) but it needs the most attention.

Last edited: