general rant thred

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

[DF]phalanx

bgutblower=true
Aug 15, 2002
manchester uk
Visit site
the place to let out steam

first off sunsetbeach i hop off to the raptor to get in then someone else jumps in and just dives off wtf same with the harbinger 1 person we lost the game rather quicly becuase of this
rather then 5 ppl out in the field we had 2 so they gained control quickly
i hate ppl that just drive off in vehicles (espeacially if you park it up to get an arti and a team mate shoots off in it)

also a rant on defence or lack of it
2 games on 2 differant servers on the sandy level apsolutly nothing in defence not even as turret which is more annoying as you get all the way back to your base hoping to save your team from defeat only to get killed by 3 or 4 enemy players hanging around
loosing a game because ppl dont build turrets sux espeaciaaly if you keep capping artis to keep your team in the game
dunno y everyone needs to go get artis what good is 6-7 ppl heading to thier node when thier is only at least 3 artis there to grab

pet_monkey

Banned
Feb 25, 2004
lol. i hate when people do that too.

your answer about the 6-7 people going to arti.... the others can act as a distraction while others get arti. But you'll have to communicate more with teammates for them to ACTUALLY do that. lol.

Mar 6, 2004
You don't see much communication from alot of people, they just put in any action word even when they aren't doing it.

Mole[DCSB]

DCSB Clan Member
Mar 9, 2004
UK
www.xmp.dcsb.co.uk
Glory boys. Defense often get lower points, so no1 likes doing it, and most ppl just wanna run off and get the arti's. Your exactly right about sunset beach tho. They all wanna get there and hack it for the points.

OPFAN

EVERY THING IS FODDER
Feb 24, 2004
some times its not even about rushing to get the arti its about owning the other team. you know the 10 snipers camping out out side your base, 10 techs raising a crop of turrets and the 8 gunners just hanging out to play with fire or blow some thing up. buy the way is there a mutator that swiches the team your on if some one leaves it happened to me the other night I was blue ,I got fragged, and spawned red shot a red ranger and all of a suden i was a tk. it was just strainge

[DF]phalanx

bgutblower=true
Aug 15, 2002
manchester uk
Visit site
acctually defence does get you a load of points you can get 500+ for killing an arti carrier with a headshot
you only get 400 for capping arti
alos all techs have to do is leave a few turrets around
i can defend a room on my own (i've been on defence for a 10 min with no deaths we did have turrets but thay all died) but an open level its impossable espeacially if you are a gunner

IAS|Spiff

Jan 22, 2004
pet_monkey said:
lol. i hate when people do that too.

your answer about the 6-7 people going to arti.... the others can act as a distraction while others get arti. But you'll have to communicate more with teammates for them to ACTUALLY do that. lol.

Communication is the key to this game, had been nice if every server was sat up with TS or RogerWilco with 2 channels(red/blue) then u could join correct channel for u'r team. BUT this will never happen, to many lamer's out there that would use this for he's advantage :(

Sow, there are two buttons on u'r number keypad that ppl can use :
1 : Im on defence
2 : Im on ofence
(i always trye to push 1 of them when i play, just to say what i'm doing. But sometimes all on my team are on ofence..:D...then it's hard to def. the artifact node.. :rolleyes: )

As some1 else mention, u get more point when hacking and fragging ppl. Sow on pub. servers u will always have this problem i think. (maby some1 should make a mod, sow the server desided how is on defence(garding the artifact node) and how is on ofence(hacking/taking artifact's)..)

Then, some ppl need to learn how to use Say and TeamSay... :p

And now, i have seen that there are alot of new players out there. Way not take the time to explain for them how it works(energy, artifact turret's, sow they are not only fragging ppl for point's), then they proberly will stay on playing XMP. Would be nice....

Sry, not mutch to do at work today than spamming forum's....:D

Gumby

Pretty in Pink!
Feb 29, 2004
A long long way from home...
:mad: Today, i'll be mostly ranting about players dissing noobs :mad:

Stop it, just stop it!

There's nothing wrong with being on the first corner of the learing curve, so please stop trying to tell them to leave or trying to boot them (no names...)

Please lets try to encourage people who are learning, not bitch at them until they leave! It's a hard game to master, of which very few have and i don't claim to be one of them.

Thanks for reading... :)

pet_monkey

Banned
Feb 25, 2004
rant of the day

revive a teammate if he says "someone revive me"
especially when no enemies are around.

Hate when I say revive me and there are no enemies around and my teammates on the pub just walk past me. They'll look at me and just run along.

IAS|Spiff

Jan 22, 2004
Eat_my_shorts said:

Stop it, just stop it!

There's nothing wrong with being on the first corner of the learing curve, so please stop trying to tell them to leave or trying to boot them (no names...)

Please lets try to encourage people who are learning, not bitch at them until they leave! It's a hard game to master, of which very few have and i don't claim to be one of them.

was something like this i was thinking about, if we learn the new commers how to play. XMP community will expand in time..... (we all have our up's and down's, sow just try to be positive and enjoy the GAME(that is what it is, and a life style for some.. :D )

Mar 6, 2004
Eat_my_shorts said:

Stop it, just stop it!

So everyone keeps picking on you? j/k dude ;)

Mar 6, 2004
pet_monkey said:
rant of the day

Hate when I say revive me and there are no enemies around and my teammates on the pub just walk past me. They'll look at me and just run along.

Yeah that sucks, especially after a watching a long fight they look at you and jump away.

Dragon_Myr

Mar 4, 2004
What I hate most is when people spam the "someone revive me!" and start bitching at me. If I'm trying to shoot someone I'm probably not going to take a 2 second break to stop and revive you if I could be killed in the process. I'd rather take out the enemy first and then revive you. Revived people only have 1 hp, but a lot of players forget that. @_@

That happened to me in Wonderwoods a few weeks ago. I had 2 blues (one tech, one gunner) shooting at me and my other teammate was killed. He started bitching about me not reviving him while I was trying to kill the 2 blues. @_@ If the 2 blues would have moved away from me I would have revived the teammate, but they kept on me, so obviously I'm going to try and take them out.

-Myr

[DF]phalanx

bgutblower=true
Aug 15, 2002
manchester uk
Visit site
i stop and revive em even when fighting 2 guns are better then one
i do it in gas which is funny cos i keep reviving em for about 3-4 times
i wish ppl would sstop pressing fire when i am going over to revive them
RESPAWNING TAKES UP POWER reviving gives me 100 points and no power
i know what i prefer

Gumby

Pretty in Pink!
Feb 29, 2004
A long long way from home...
Lol killer mate :p he he

Not being funny or anything but could someone set up a 'school' server (obviously just for me to learn in) so that better ppl can help the young un's...

This would give the nice kind good players a chance to coax and help the noobs (don't like that word - it's kinda patronising), so that they can learn and not get shouted down by other artifact/kill hoggers for instance...

*Noobies should be nursed and nourished lol and watered until they blossom* :) (no i'm not of that persuasion...)

Mar 6, 2004
What the hell...i was in a juggernault and i used my gun and shot right beside this guy in myunreal server and even when it was point blank right infront of the gun but somehow he never died and i got out before he used his shotgun to blow it up butt he second i got out i died by the same guy's shotgun so i left, i'm sick of that happening, is it a hack or is it a glitch? cuz he shoulda died instantly on all the point blank shots not to mention the same thing happens when i use the sniper rifle alot.

Last edited:

Harley Davidson

Oct 8, 2003
Visit site
pet_monkey said:
rant of the day

I second that. Nothing pisses me off more than asking to be revived 10 times by the goof standing next to ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.