GENERAL PROTECTION FAULT HELL

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

dfigravity

Oct 30, 2005
Ok...I am starting to get really frusturated. I have been playing UT2004 for just over a year on this computer/Video card. I just recently upgraded from 256Mb of RAM to 1024....that was a month ago, but just last week...It seems that every time I try to play UT online, I get this general protection fault. It's either this one or one like it. I doesn't matter what skin I am currently using and what game type I'm playing....It just boots my out to windows. Can someone please help me understand what I've don wrong? Also, since this started happening, I have upgraded to the latest UT patch (3355) and I have downloaded that latest ATI drivers.
Thanks,

Vince

Specs:
Pentium4 2.4Ghz oc to 3Ghz
Asus P4P800-E
1024Mb Kingston Select
Radeon 9600SE 128Mb

UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2005-02-15_17.02]

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 2884 MHz with 1023MB RAM
Video: RADEON 9600 SERIES (6575)

General protection fault!

History: UModel::LineCheck <- UStaticMesh::LineCheck <- StaticMesh StreamlineTakeOff1.sslittlebridge <- FOctreeNode::ActorNonZeroExtentLineCheck <- FOctreeNode::ActorNonZeroExtentLineCheck <- FOctreeNode::ActorNonZeroExtentLineCheck <- FOctreeNode::ActorNonZeroExtentLineCheck <- FOctreeNode::ActorNonZeroExtentLineCheck <- FOctreeNode::ActorNonZeroExtentLineCheck <- FOctreeNode::ActorNonZeroExtentLineCheck <- FOctreeNode::ActorNonZeroExtentLineCheck <- FOctreeNode::ActorNonZeroExtentLineCheck <- FOctreeNode::ActorNonZeroExtentLineCheck <- FOctreeNode::ActorNonZeroExtentLineCheck <- FOctreeNode::ActorNonZeroExtentLineCheck <- FCollisionOctree::ActorLineCheck <- CheckWithActors <- ULevel::MultiLineCheck <- ULevel::SingleLineCheck <- AActor::Tick <- AVehicle::Tick <- AONSWeaponPawn::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=3) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Torlan <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 676F4C57 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

Rukee

Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!
May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
Welcome to the BU Forums!!
..will it error out if you turn your overclock off?? If it just started with the memory upgrade, it may be the OC and/or some of the memory BIOS settings.
I know when I OC, even though the memory will pass Memtest and SuperPi 32m it can still crap out in 3D apps and crash back to the desktop when playing. Try to run at stock speeds and voltages and see if it crashes. :tup:

Daedalus

I don't even...
May 24, 2001
Pittsburgh
www.beyondunreal.com
Rukee said:
Welcome to the BU Forums!!
..will it error out if you turn your overclock off?? If it just started with the memory upgrade, it may be the OC and/or some of the memory BIOS settings.
I know when I OC, even though the memory will pass Memtest and SuperPi 32m it can still crap out in 3D apps and crash back to the desktop when playing. Try to run at stock speeds and voltages and see if it crashes. :tup:

Seconded. I ahve this problem if I turn my clock speeds up too high. The game will crash out to my desktop or just reboot the PC altogether. Definitely turn down your clock speeds.

dfigravity

Oct 30, 2005
kick ass

Hey, thanks a lot guys, turning the overclocking off definitly made a difference. It might just be me, but I think it might actually be running faster now. I guess I don't really understand overclocking. Anyways, I appreciate the help!:D