General help plz.....

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MajorLag

Jul 22, 2004
ok..i have unrealengine2 runtime, now how do I go about making my own freakin game?? What do I need to do ? Where do I start? I have a few friends in this with me and we want to make a kick ass game. Please help us get this game goin and give us any info you can. It will be greatly appreciated. I will even put you in my will. lol seriously, any info you can give can be sent to my email or replied to here. Thanks sooo much in advance .........

[SAS]Solid Snake

Jun 7, 2002
New Zealand
www.digitalconfectioners.com
UE2 Runtime is NOT designed for begineers or for those who wish to design games simply because it doesn't have the structure for it. You will have to do a lot of work to get a decent game basis up. It is after all just the raw engine.

I suggest you mod UT2004 or another Unreal based game, since a lot of the neccessary game code is there for you to base a lot of the work on.

http://wiki.beyondunreal.com
http://udn.epicgames.com

Those two sites have a lot of information about Unreal engine, but more geared for the UT series in terms of editing etc. Several parts of the UDN is locked for licensee's only.

I won't debat the whole 'can't make games' issue with UE2 Runtime, but the fact of the matter remains is that you aren't allowed to distribute free games with UE2 Runtime else Epic will not be happy and most likely just close down the UE2 Runtime and no longer provide the public with Unreal Engine Runtimes anymore, so for the sake of it... don't.

Having a few friends isn't enough, are they and you competent in using 3D/2D creation toolsets, UED 3.0 and Unrealscripting? If not, then I strongly suggest you to make a mod, as experience and knowledge in all these fields are really, really required for a task this large.

That's my 2 cents for now.

MajorLag

Jul 22, 2004
My thanks

Thanks so much for replying Snake...You have given me just the info that i needed . I'm in your debt.