Geforce 2?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

HWAS

Dec 26, 1999
Carnegie, PA USA
members.tripod.com
Does anybody here have it? Is it any good? Does it support FSAA?

BTW, when is the Voodoo 5 5500 scheduled for release?

bullet2.gif

HWASAlien.jpg

ngUID: 365724

bigdavemcduff

May 31, 2000
Visit site
The Geforce2 is the fastest graphics card on the market for games today. It is however very expensive and in my opinion not worth the price premium.

As far as I know it will be a while before the Voodoo 5 comes out (and it doesn't look as promising as the geforce either)at least a month or two from now, I should think.

I am sure the Geforce does support FSAA (sampling to a higher resolution to give better looking diagonals, is that right?) but it slows down performance immensely, why would you want to use it anyway.

BigSpike|MyU

Skilled
Jun 4, 2000
Kansas
Visit site
I have heard that the GeForceII is the better card. Just FYI though. The Voodoo 5 is already on the shelves. I have personally seen it at the local Best Buy here in town, $299. ;)

C¥BER PETE

Masterful
Jan 18, 2000
Visit site
I'll be getting the GeForce2 here in a few weeks. I've been waiting for a long *** time to get a video card upgrade. My 22" monitor is on the way now it's time for the video card upgrade!