1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Geforce 2 MX

Discussion in 'Hardware, Software & Troubleshooting' started by Ridcully, Feb 10, 2001.

1. Ridcully

Ridcully New Member

Help please.................
    How do I make my Geforce 2 MX run UT in open GL. I only get options for 3dfx and D3D. 3dfx brings up an error and D3d is not woth bothering with. It ran super fast when I had a Voodoo 3.
    Idiots guide please!

2. SDK_XS

SDK_XS Fruit-like

Run "unreal tournament safe mode", then the menu comes up, choose "change your 3d video device" button, then make sure the "show all devices" radio box is checked, and select OpenGL from the list

3. Ridcully

Ridcully New Member

DOH! OK working now...

Great openGL now working. 70 fps 1280x1024 32bit.
    I notice on Unreal tech page there is a new file "Open GLDrv.dll" Do I need this or is it the same version in the latest patch? If I do do I just overwrite the existing in the system folder?
    Thanks

4. Crager

Crager Ahh...just a player here

Re: DOH! OK working now...

That dll is to see the effects of the high res textures from the 2nd cd. Copy the one you have now. Than replace yours with the new one. You have to make changes to your unrealtournament ini file.

Remove the lines under
    [OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice]
    and add these:

Translucency=True
    VolumetricLighting=False
    ShinySurfaces=True
    Coronas=True
    HighDetailActors=True
    DetailTextures=True
    RefreshRate=60
    UseTrilinear=False
    UseS3TC=1