Gears of War PC

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The Warden

this is usually where youll find me
Jan 24, 2003
Visit site
Ok I just recently bought Gears of war PC, it runs, but achievements will not update. I have no idea why, I've re-installed GFWL, Gears 1, the last Gears patch won't install, tells me there is some old file so it does nothing, same error if I try to install it in admin mode. I have no idea of what patch is installed though I see this in the inis(C:\Documents and Settings\XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX\My Documents\My Games\Gears of War for Windows\WarGame\Config\warinput.ini)
[IniVersion]
0=1275668518.000000
1=1275668520.000000

Unless GFWL needs certian ports open, that I don't know.
Win XP 64, 4 gig ram, GTX285

Also my last Red Faction achievement didn't update either. GFWL?

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Ok I just recently bought Gears of war PC, it runs, but achievements will not update. I have no idea why, I've re-installed GFWL, Gears 1, the last Gears patch won't install, tells me there is some old file so it does nothing, same error if I try to install it in admin mode. I have no idea of what patch is installed though I see this in the inis(C:\Documents and Settings\XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX\My Documents\My Games\Gears of War for Windows\WarGame\Config\warinput.ini)
[IniVersion]
0=1275668518.000000
1=1275668520.000000

Unless GFWL needs certian ports open, that I don't know.
Win XP 64, 4 gig ram, GTX285

Also my last Red Faction achievement didn't update either. GFWL?
Weird. Could be some issue with XP 64.