Ganondorf Dragmire (the Playermodel)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Vailias

Aug 9, 2004
Elsewhere
www.starsiege2845.com
Yay First pimp thread at Beyond Unreal.
This is a side side side project that originated as a request over at polycount last June. I started the model last friday, then scrapped the torso on wednesday, and remade the entire body on Thursday night, Unwrapping as I went. Finished the mass layer of the skin on Friday night/saturday morning, and got the colors and rig finished tonight. I wanted to have it done by this weekend, like Saturday, but I figured I should get some fresh air for a change and went golfing instead. ;)
Ganondorf_Promo.jpg

I'll release him once I get the teamskins done and see about solving an issue with the melee weapons for Chaos UT2. There are some slight deformation issues going on in some sequences, largely due to the fact that poor ganny doesn't fit on the stock UT skeletons, and I seriously do not have the time to animate him on a custom skeleton.

anyway Comments/Crits?

graboid

Apr 21, 2004
Sounds awesome!! When he's done can you post a link to him so we don't have to wait 3 days for skincity to get them up? :D

Angerfist

left a small crater
Feb 22, 2004
the Netherlands
***rubbing eyes***

***checking again***

***pinching himself***

WHAOOOW, That model is like "THE" best ever!

Great work there, just awesome, be sure to pimp me a link when u finished it, im dying to get this hottie!

SolaceEternal

SPANK THAT TUNA
Apr 29, 2004
...Judging by the screenshots, it looks like there's a small problem where he's holding the gun, as in doesn't look like he's holding it.

...Not to give you the wrong impression, I will now commence with rabid fanboy mode. *SDKFOJDSFOHCRAPSON*

SolaceEternal

SPANK THAT TUNA
Apr 29, 2004
...sidenote. Is he wearing the Steel Boots? (haven't played in so long, I'm not entirely sure thats what their called)

Vailias

Aug 9, 2004
Elsewhere
www.starsiege2845.com
Yeah thats a final sorta tweek. The Hands are in a claw, so this was mainly a rigtest for the deformation issues. I'll fix the gun hand for the final release version.
I have no idea what he is wearing. Its whatever was in the concept drawing. ;)

nazareth316

The Mandalorian
Aug 25, 2004
I'm not a big Zelda fan but i have to give my props on that model. My friend is looking forward to you completing your project because he is, so keep up the good work bro. :)

Vailias

Aug 9, 2004
Elsewhere
www.starsiege2845.com
Thanks. Unfortunately the team skins are going to have to be rather simple recolors. My main project, Starsiege: 2845 just announced that we will be releasing a playable Alpha Tech Release in January, so it looks like a couple of months of crunch time. ;)

I'll take half an hour tonight and get him released.

Vailias

Aug 9, 2004
Elsewhere
www.starsiege2845.com
Lightwave. Its my fave for modeling and animation. Though for this one I very well could have used maya, but I have yet to take the time to re-map the keys to something usefull for me. ;)

Edit:
Since a few people seem to be interested I've gone ahead and compiled an SDK for the model. It is now attached to this message, and SaD if you so choose you can host this over with the model at Skin City. :)

In the package you will find:
Ganondorf in .OBJ format
Ganondorf in .PSK format
Ganondorf in (the original) .LWO format
a wireframe UV map projection, 512^2 same res as I painted the thing at.
the base gray mass layer (muscle definition etc).

Attachments

• Ganondorf_SDK.zip
    414.6 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

SaD

Skincollecting Fanatic
Sep 6, 2003
Germany
skincity.beyondunreal.com
Vailias said:
Edit:
Since a few people seem to be interested I've gone ahead and compiled an SDK for the model. It is now attached to this message, and SaD if you so choose you can host this over with the model at Skin City. :)
Great :2thumb:
I post it with you model.

nazareth316

The Mandalorian
Aug 25, 2004
Awesome man, my friend'll be hella excited once i tell him this is out. Good looking out man and good job :)