1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Gaming podcasts

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by dragonfliet, May 23, 2012.

1. dragonfliet

dragonfliet I write stuffs

I'm curious if people here are into the whole podcast thing, and if so, what gaming podcasts they listen to. And why, what about them interests you? Here's mine:

Brainy Gamer: Interesting, smart and unique looks at games in a laid back manner. This is my favorite.

PC Gamer UK: A clever, fun bunch of guys talking about PC games. It is attached to a magazine, so there is a little bit of pimping their product, but they are not overly verbose and yet they really dig their nails into things.

A Jumps B Shoots: Sort of a standard podcast format, a little generic, with the what you've been playing roundtable and basic blahblah, but they get to whatever theme they are exploring and it is generally pretty interesting, even if they are too quick to come to consensus, rather than encouraging more insightful argument.

These are the only ones I listen to regularly, as I would rather READ industry news and reviews, etc. and I can't stand people who put out 2hr podcasts every week. None of them are that intelligent or unique for me to justify listening to them that much, sadly.

2. SleepyHe4d

SleepyHe4d fap fap fap

EpicBattleCry. The only podcast I ever cared for, of course I just watched it online anyways.

I started watching from the first cast and they are up to 153 now. I stopped watching every episode around 110 though because of lazyness or time I guess, actually a growing disinterest in gaming, but maybe I'll start back up.

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  3. SleepyHe4d

SleepyHe4d fap fap fap

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  4. Big-Al

Big-Al amateur de bière

never ever did anything ever relating to a podcast.

blagh

5. Sjosz

Sjosz (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

The Giant BombCast for me. Been listening to it since the start of the site/cast. I realize it's a bit strange and not really to everyone's taste, but I've come to really enjoy the main personalities running the site, so those people discussing games they've been playing, game news, and emails from listeners has been something I've been tuning in for every week for years.
    That, and they typically do a lot of podcasting to cover E3.

6. shadow_dragon

shadow_dragon is ironing his panties!

I listen to tons of podcasts but only really comedy ones.

Gamer ones always rub me up the wrong way and how much can you listen to other guys talk about games for?
    The total biscuit ones were the last I tried, that was enough to put me off for life.

7. Juggalo Kyle

Juggalo Kyle Sup brah.

The only podcast I listen to is the Rooster Teeth podcast, the creators of Red Vs Blue. I love it. I commute 40 or so minutes to and from work so I listen to them then.

8. Manticore

Manticore Official BUF Birthday Spammer

Same here. That probably has a lot to do with the fact that i don't own a pod and never have (so far).

9. dragonfliet

dragonfliet I write stuffs

Hmm. I'm a little surprised by the lack of podcast love in here. I love the crap out of podcasts. I don't really care for the radio, as it's so hit and miss, so I listen to all the good npr shows (This American Life, Planet Money, Wait Wait Don't Tell Me, etc.) as well as interesting other things. Anyone with a smartphone and an interest in a subject should definitely subscribe to some. This is part of my cut-back list (there used to be a lot of other things, but I would constantly fall behind).

10. Hadmar

Hadmar Queen Bitch of the Universe

I listen to crap tons of podcasts, should be well above 20 hours every week. It has pretty much completely replaced listening to music for me. The odd thing is, not a single one of the podcasts I listen to is about gaming. :\

Changing that was on my radar a couple of times already but I never did. Thanks for reminding me.

Last edited: May 25, 2012
  11. BillyBadAss

BillyBadAss Strong Cock of The North

I don't listen to any gaming ones, but I do listen to This American Life. They could talk about different colors of yarn and suck me in.

12. FuLLBLeeD

FuLLBLeeD fart

Podtoid. I really hope you like William Dafoe and stories of worms being shoved in a man's anus.