1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Gaming mouse + Mousepad

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by (GR)Killer, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Thrash123

Thrash123 Obey Leash Laws

I have the same one on both my gaming machine and my work machine, and love it. Great mouse.

2. Gir

Gir Offensive mode!

It's old. A wireless Kensington PM-PRO. I swiped it from my girlfriend's junk hardware box. It's pretty accurate, but a bit too light for serious gaming. It has a range of just about 20 centimeters, despite the huge antenna. I actually have use for the antenna, as it holds the piece of paper in place that redirects the hot airflow coming out of my laptop - so I don't burn my right hand (Packard Bell - design fucking wizards). It hasn't made me stop masturbating yet.

3. Bi()ha2arD

Bi()ha2arD Toxic!

For mousepad I have the Razer Mantis Speed. It's nice and huge.

4. (GR)Killer

(GR)Killer ...

Thanks guys, after thinking about this my new mouse is going to be....

*drum roll*

a Razer Deathadder!

5. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Earning my Infrequent Flier miles

My G5's right mouse button just died tonight (it had been slowly failing more and more over the last year.) I ordered a cheap-ish Logitech G300, it should be here Friday or Monday. I wasn't about to pay outrageous and ridiculous prices for some of the stuff I found.

Incidentally, anybody know why the G5 tends to run over $180 these days?

edit: Hmm. The right mouse button seems to be trying to stage a comeback. While it is extremely easy to depress (very little resistance) it does click and work, so I'm gonna deal with it for a while longer. Just canceled my order. I'll try this for a while longer.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2012
  6. Big-Al

Big-Al amateur de bière

cool, hope you like it :)

7. toniglandyl

toniglandyl internal data fragmentation : 62203480%

I tried a DeathAdder and didn't like the feel of it. prefered my Imperator (which my GF took for herself)

I'm extremely satisfied with my logitech G9x. full weight, large grip. I like to feel the mouse. :)

8. Big-Al

Big-Al amateur de bière

... while your girlfriend feels yours ;)

9. Kyllian

Kyllian if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;

Discontinued

Also, did you contact Logitech about it? G5s have like a 3 year warranty or something like that and last G5s that broke on me I just gave them a general area on when I bought it(within 3 years) and they replaced it. Well, replaced with a G500, but I didn't complain

10. Nemephosis

Didn't bother. 1, I've had it FOREVER (much longer than three years) and have no proof of purchase by now, and 2, well, I sort of contributed to its downfall. See the only way to get it to stop fucking up was to jostle it, and I may have hit the thing too hard. lol.

At least the mouse button works when I press it now! Works almost too well, haha.

11. Kyllian

Kyllian if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;

Unless their policies have changed, none of that will matter
    When one broke and I was asked if I had a reciept or something to prove when I bought it, I told them no and gave a rough estimate of when I'd bought it
    They never even asked for the broken one to be sent back to them. They just went "Ok, here's a new one"

12. toniglandyl

toniglandyl internal data fragmentation : 62203480%

contact support.
    I contacted logitech support to ask them if they could change my QWERTY G15 keyboard for an AZERTY one, they said "no, but if you take a pic of your keyboard, we'll give you a code to give you 35%discount code". I didn't have the reciept.

so I kept my keyboard and took a new mouse with the discount. :D

13. Nemephosis

Too late. The mouse button fucked off for good this morning and I re-placed the order. It's fine, it came to like $40, so no big deal. I already got a $100 keyboard replaced for free, I don't wanna be that much of a dick. Although I am going to start registering my Logitech products as proof of purchase though.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2012
  14. Psychomorph

Psychomorph  

I have Razer Deathadder, Razer Diamondback 3G Red Edition and Zowie AM, all of which have an optical sensor. Want to buy Razer Taipan as soon as it is available.

Razer Imperator and Mamba have a flawed laser sensor, the Taipan is supposed to have a much better one.

Zowie AM has the perfect shape for me. Taipan has a similar shape and with the new gen laser sensor it might be a good mouse.

Been using Razer mice since 10 years basically.

15. Nemephosis

So I got my mouse yesterday and I didn't even need to pay the extra $15 for priority shipping (ordered from amazon.ca). After spending an hour configuring the damn thing, I put it through its gaming paces... Holy shit. I don't miss that G5 at ALL.

16. Twrecks

Twrecks Spectacularly Lucky

Razer makes some nice mice :D

I have an Imperator and a Lycosa kb.

Enjoy your Deathadder!