Gametype wont appear at menu

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

aichival

Aug 6, 2004
i hav coded my gametype, but its not showing up on the choose gametype menu, what do i haf to code for it to appear there?

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Have you defined a corresponding int file ?

Techno JF

He Who Has Powerful Words
This is an easy one. All you need is an .int reference.

First, make a new .int file in WordPad or something with your main .u file's name. (Or duplicate an existing .int, rename it accordingly, and then open it and delete all the text from it.)

Now that we have one ready, start with this line:
Code:
 [public]

This tells UT that the information under this heading can be read by any script in the game and used when necessary.

Now, the next line is from Botpack.int of UT version 436, but it should illustrate things quite nicely.
Code:
Object=(Name=BotPack.DeathMatchPlus,Class=Class,MetaClass=Botpack.TournamentGameInfo)

Replace BotPack.DeathMatchPlus with the package and class name for your gametype.

Class=Class just means that this object is a class script, rather than a sound or a texture or some other such thing, so there's no need to change this.

MetaClass=BotPack.TournamentGameInfo tells UT what kind of class this is. If you've coded your gametype for UT2003 or UT2004, then this will probably be something entirely different. Look in your game's .int files for lines like this to see what metaclass the gametypes use.

After filling in the information appropriately, just save the .int file, make sure it's in your System folder, and it should work properly.

[SAS]Solid Snake

Jun 7, 2002
New Zealand
www.digitalconfectioners.com
If this is UT2004, then you need to do more work. First, you need to export a cache file have a map that matches your prefiexed map definition and that should be it. INT files are no longer used for these purposes guys, although you guys would be correct in the old UT versions.

aichival

Aug 6, 2004
well, i got it to work, made a map for it, and apparently had the int file class as gametype instead of gameinfo(duh :rolleyes: ), so thx for the help anyway