Gametype does not show up on linux

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

squiddle

Oct 25, 2004
[solved] Gametype does not show up on linux

Hello,
i'm somewhat stuck
i played this amazing mod under linux before (with using my windows installation). Now Windows is gone...
and i can't get this mod working :(
i unzipped the zip, added some ServerPackages=JBSomething lines and it does not show up if i click host game.
got some log messages on first startup after I deleted all .ucl files in my ~/ut2004/System folder
Code:
Log: Created and initialized a new SDL viewport.
Log: Exporting JB-SubZero.....Successful!
Log: Exporting JB-Solamander-Gold.....Successful!
Warning: Missing Cubemap Cubemap AW-Cubes.Cubes.MesaEnv2
Warning: Missing Cubemap Cubemap AW-Cubes.Cubes.MesaEnv1
Log: Exporting JB-SavoIsland-Gold.....Successful!
Log: Exporting JB-Poseidon-Gold.....Successful!
Warning: Missing Cubemap Cubemap AW-Cubes.Cubes.PS_Cube
Warning: Missing TexEnvMap TexEnvMap AW-Cubes.Cubes.SunC
Log: Exporting JB-Oasis.....Successful!
Log: Exporting JB-NoSense-Gold.....Successful!
Log: Exporting JB-MoonCraters-Gold.....Successful!
Log: Exporting JB-IndusRage2-Gold.....Successful!
Log: Exporting JB-Heights-Gold-v2.....Successful!
Log: Exporting JB-Cosmos.....Successful!
Log: Exporting JB-Conduit-Gold.....Successful!
Log: Exporting JB-Cavern.....Successful!
Log: Exporting JB-CastleBreak-Gold.....Successful!
Log: Exporting JB-BabylonTemple-Gold.....Successful!
Log: Exporting JB-Aswan.....Successful!
Log: Exporting JB-Arlon-Gold.....Successful!
Log: Exporting JB-Addien-Dwy-Gold.....Successful!

looks like something is missing. But what? and how do i get it?

versions
UT2004 3323
JBUT2004b
gentoo linux 2.6.9 kernel

hope somebody can help.

sorry for any typos. English is not my favorite :eek:

Last edited:

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
Check, whether the file Jailbreak.ucl is in your UT2004/System directory. If it's not there, try running "ucc-bin exportcache Jailbreak.u", that should create it.
Depending on your screen resolution, the Instant Action menu might require you to scroll dwon, but the server browser will definately require you to scroll up. (Jailbreak may be located above Assault in the drop-down list!)

squiddle

Oct 25, 2004
The solution :)

Wormbo said:
Check, whether the file Jailbreak.ucl is in your UT2004/System directory. If it's not there, try running "ucc-bin exportcache Jailbreak.u", that should create it.

Great THANKS
ok, the ucl was there but i tried (i really wanna play this game) the exporcache thingy. And it worked!

I investigated a little (really, no magic following)
The System/Jailbreak.ucl was in the zip file. It was the only one there. Maybe the zip is wrong packaged? For me it looks like this ucl files are generated anyway if they are not there. But they are then packed in my home directory. But cause of the second ucl in the original ut2004/System this all messed up. Deleting the file in the ut2004/System folder seems to be the right solution.

Ravu al Hemio

Comes, fixes, leaves.
Sep 1, 2004
Austria
squiddle said:
Great THANKS
ok, the ucl was there but i tried (i really wanna play this game) the exporcache thingy. And it worked!

I investigated a little (really, no magic following)
The System/Jailbreak.ucl was in the zip file. It was the only one there. Maybe the zip is wrong packaged? For me it looks like this ucl files are generated anyway if they are not there. But they are then packed in my home directory. But cause of the second ucl in the original ut2004/System this all messed up. Deleting the file in the ut2004/System folder seems to be the right solution.

Even though UT2004 is purely theoretically a native Linux application, I guess that putting something into ~/.ut2004/ and the rest into e.g. /usr/local/games/ut2004/ is not what the game prefers.

I suggest you put everything except your INI files (UT2004.ini, User.ini, + any other INIs of mods) into ~/.ut2004/ and the whole big rest into /usr/local/games/ut2004/.

squiddle

Oct 25, 2004
Ravu al Hemio said:
Even though UT2004 is purely theoretically a native Linux application, I guess that putting something into ~/.ut2004/ and the rest into e.g. /usr/local/games/ut2004/ is not what the game prefers.

I suggest you put everything except your INI files (UT2004.ini, User.ini, + any other INIs of mods) into ~/.ut2004/ and the whole big rest into /usr/local/games/ut2004/.

I thought so too.
Those ucl files contain descriptions of maps and so one (i think) So i can have my very own map descriptions (its a stupid feature but nevertheless its a feature :). Space is not the problem, they are much smaller than the inis itself :)

Dunno what loki and epic smoked when doing this whole thing. But i'm happy it was good enough that everything works :)