1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GameSpy UT2004 Shots

Discussion in 'News & Articles' started by RaptoR, Aug 25, 2003.

1. RaptoR

RaptoR been here far too long

GameSpy have eighteen new UT2004 shots up over at this page. The shots show off some of the game's new player and weapon models, as well as some impressive looking vehicles and maps.

2. Selerox

Selerox COR AD COR LOQVITVR

O M G

Holy dear sweet jesus :eek:

On the downside, I'm not liking the new Robot models too much. The good thing about the old Robot models was their sharp, angled, inorganic look, those 'bots are far too curved IMO :hmm: But, if we can use the old modles as well, then it's all good :tup:

3. Prophetus

Prophetus Old Fart

Woot, looks like the game will support dual weapons (assault rifle) like in UT1.

4. Selerox

John Woo style UT, I like!

Yeah, twinned ARs could be a useful close range weapon in a pinch, and the double grenade coverage would be handy. If Epic increase the primary accuracy, then twin ARs could turn out to be a viable back-up weapon.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2003
  5. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

The "rounded" robots have a sort of retro-tech look. Kind of like Buck Rogers or something.

6. Selerox

Retro-tech = bad.

You're not making the case for them any better, hal ;)

7. Mitz

Mitz Guest

The scaling looks ridiculous in some of the pics.

Also, the new shock rifle skin looks like crap.

8. [IsP]KaRnAgE

[IsP]KaRnAgE You Can Be My Wingman

Those are Xan suits. Isn't Xan a human with a robotic suit? They look bulky and round because their are people in them. :) The robots from 2k3 are 100% mechanical.

9. Midnight Mick

Midnight Mick My Cat is Black & White!

It looks like they (Epic) are using a smaller texture size now for each of the new models looking at the quality of them pics. You can see clearly on Pic 03.jpg the difference between the quality of the weapon being better than the quality of the Xan skin.

That should be good really as it's less resources on the system meaning more FPS.

Still, that don't mean jack if they haven't adjusted the model size & got it right this time! :shake:

10. Selerox

Models and Alternatives

You can choose wether to use the new model or the UT2003 one for each weapon. So you can still use the UT2003 model if you like that one more. Which is a nice feature :)

11. TossMonkey

TossMonkey brown bread?

UT2004 looks pretty desirable right now.

12. Swift Viper

Swift Viper Long live Xmas Xan Mark III(By Hyrulian)

True for Xan (Boss), but I heard Xan Mark II was rebuilded from the ground up, so I don't know if it is a suit or an real robot. No idea about Xan Mark III yet.

We can finally see duel weapons, one big point for Epic :beer:

Don't really like the new sinper rifle look so far, but it could change.

I hope the Duel Assault Rifles is as balanced as the other weapons, but what are the odds of killing someone before they pick up another weapon and leave you with the weak single assault rifle?

I like some of the way the new maps looks, but they better have good gameplay.

13. Selerox

Xan 1/2 = UT99. Xan 3 = UT2004

If you look at one of the close-up Xan shots, you'll see clearly that it has XAN3 written on it's chest. Xan 2 was included in one of the UT99 bonus packs :)