Gamespy Phases Out Mac Support

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
I don't like macs, but they are here to stay. They wont be going anytime soon. It would be foolish to eliminiate this small but meaningful chunk of the sector from their business.

B

blindwithopenal

hmmm

mac like us linux users are sorta in the same boat only we have the option of x86. so if apple released os X on x86 would it make a difference?

MrMaddog

Flak Monkey
Jul 13, 2002
Parts Unknown
Ok, I'm not even gonna say anything negative or otherwise about GameSpy since it's that obvious anyway. Suffice to say I still remember the bad ol' days of going through their "company" to get anything UT related, which is why I thank the Lord for BU. :lol:

I do know there's plenty of alternative game browsers like ASE and Qtracker so PC gamers at least aren't stuck with GS or the GS-lite in-game browsers, so there would have to be something like that for Macs as well. The problem here is that the game developers are getting screwed. If I were a developer I would seriously look into alternatives like an open sourced program such as QStat. All else that's needed is a master server or better yet have a small app where people can have their own master servers. ;)

And as for Mac gaming in general, well don't dismiss the 10% niche market because that's 10% more than usual demographic market. And yes, stuff like Mahjong are still games even though you don't gib people to bloody pieces... :D