1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GameSpy Industries For Sale

Discussion in 'News & Articles' started by QAPete, Oct 21, 2003.

1. QAPete

QAPete Chief Muckety Muck

The New York Post is reporting that our former hosts, GameSpy Industries, are up for sale:

CNET Networks, which holds a stake in GameSpy, and an "unnamed major portal" are among possible suitors for the company, according to a source. CNET said it doesn't comment on speculation, but a source close to the company said there is a "serious level of interest" in buying GameSpy.

GSI, a privately-held company with reported revenues of about $17 million, has been posting a large number of jobs on their website over the past couple of months, including Editor-In-Chief and FilePlanet Project Manager, recently filling positions such as Director of Product Development and Director of IT.

We'll have more on this breaking story as news becomes available.

2. UT_cyberg][dan

UT_cyberg][dan New Member

I'll buy 'em... pfft!

I say we stick it to the man, and... er... I dunno, get Martha Stewart to buy them.

3. Kangus

Kangus Zombie on your pwn!

uh oh... what if who ever buys them takes my e-mail address away?!? NOOOO! :p

4. RaptoR

RaptoR been here far too long

It's quite feasable that whoever buys GSI will abolish the whole Planet* thing in favour of a bigger GameSpot-style GameSpy.com portal.

5. SirYawnalot

SirYawnalot Guest

****. I handle most of my mail through my PlanetAvP account...

6. QAPete

QAPete Chief Muckety Muck

Keep in mind that this story comes to us via the New York Post, which - in some circles - is considered little more than a tabloid. Until there's an official word from the Green and Black Empire, nobody knows what's really going on, if anything.

Pete
    -BeyondUnreal