Games. Do. Suck.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Ok since I got me an up to date PC I tried some of the new shiny games. Got Aliens Vs. Predator and played it a bit... and glad I didn't pay to much for it. Worst console shiznit.

Splinter Cell Conviction and Assassins Creed, I just quit them after few missions and uninstalled. I don't remember the last time I was so bored by games.

Since I didn't play FarCry I tried it too and actually want to keep playing it. Sneaking through the jungle and swimming around is fun. A PC game, for god-f*cking sake! Wanna try Crysis aswell.

Am uncertain about ArmA2:OA yet.

I quit playing INF co-op a while ago, but after all that console crap I begin to miss it again. What a twisted world. I think I just close my eyes and wait for Ground Branch and won't play anything else anymore.

tomcat ha

Feb 2, 2002
Visit site
personally im waiting for the new red orchestra, currently i am playing minecraft and mount and blade: warband

but i have to agree, there are not a lot of interesting games. I did find red faction guerrilla fun just because you can smash everything.

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
Mount and Blade: Warband here too. I find it pretty enjoyable; if you're into killing people the medieval way it's definetly worth a try, plus you can play seven levels for free. Other than that I might give Fallout New Vegas a try - since headshooting people in slow-motion didn't get boring for a while in Fallout 3, New Vegas might be fun a few weeks/months - plus they claimed to have added ironsight aiming and weapon modifications.

I thought about trying ArmA2 again, since I'm on a i7 now, but I just was too disappointed by it at first try, so it's still on my desk.

A for Ground Branch I'm losing hope more and more that it will yield something playable before Duke Nukem Forever is released - at least the recent threads on Blackfoot forums don't sound too optimistic.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
A for Ground Branch I'm losing hope more and more that it will yield something playable before Duke Nukem Forever is released - at least the recent threads on Blackfoot forums don't sound too optimistic.
Don't! Since I belong to the donator group on the forums, I have a bit more "insight", can't tell much, except that it is moving forward (even if slowly) and chances are there that there will be at least "something" somewhere soon (nope, donators didn't get any content, just have a bit more information on future plans). Whether it will be for the donators only, or the public I don't know, but it's not hopeless yet.

Of course a full and final game has still a long way to go. :(

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Visit site
Granted I don't have the insight you donators have, but from the news&updates thread it seemed pretty much like Beppo was busy elsewhere and finding other coders was rather difficult - plus the "something playable" thing was hinted to be end of 2010 at earliest (and it sounded more like end of 2011 to me).

I personally wouldn't mind supporting Blackfoot as soon as they have something playable - Taleworlds did that for the original Mount&Blade (you could buy the beta at cheaper price and use the key to play any beta and the final release) and it seems to have worked rather well - I personally stumled upon M&B when it was already 1.011ish, after seeing it mentioned at BFS forums :).

But just paying for hope of getting something someday, well, I'm too misantropic for that. So I guess I'll just trust you and keep a small bit of hope alive that BFS gets enough coders for a small release and makes enough impact to find sources to finance a full game after that.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Even John himself says that at the moment there is little point in donating, it is still appreciated I guess, but money isn't the main problem right now, the leak of programmers is (those who want to contribute to the project without expecting employment/payment that is, since Blackfoot isn't big/wealthy enough at the current point, just trying to finalize the first title).

Carpetsmoker

Nexus-6
Jan 20, 2008
Netherlands
arp242.net
Mount&Blade is nice, I bought it some time ago but haven't played it for some time.

I have yet to try Warband, I believe that has multiplayer support? That was the #1 missing feature from Mount&Blade IMHO.

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Visit site
Warband is more than just multiplayer, which I haven't even tried yet - and I bought the game on release day and played ever since when I don't do Inf. The initial release was more like a little nicer Mount and Blade with a few more options, but by 1.132 they have rebalanced nearly all factions, added some more single player gameplay options and made the game overall more enjoyable IMO.

Carpetsmoker

Nexus-6
Jan 20, 2008
Netherlands
arp242.net
I'm not sure if you're serious, but I surely am.

New Vegas has useable iron sigths! And a M16! And a FN HP! And a Single Action Army!

Hmm, Gecko Steak..

Yeah, I was serious. As you may recall I'm something of a Fallout fan ;)

Iron sights are great. I turned off the crosshair and turned on hardcore mode ... It's not INF, but better than Fallout 3.
They put some sights on the hunting rifle ... But the laser pistol and rifle are still sight-less.

M16 and FN HP? I haven't come across those yet ... But both seem a little out of place in a Fallout game ...

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Visit site
Yeah, I was serious. As you may recall I'm something of a Fallout fan ;)
I did remember, as I did remember your rather reserved opinion of Fallout 3.

Iron sights are great. I turned off the crosshair and turned on hardcore mode ... It's not INF, but better than Fallout 3.
You can turn off the crosshair? I have to look for that option. I also chose hardcore mode for all my characters. Funny enuogh at the start it's not recommended - probably because those console kids nowadays would be bothered by dehydration in the desert or having to sleep a few hours every week; or by ammo actually having weight.

M16 and FN HP? I haven't come across those yet ... But both seem a little out of place in a Fallout game ...
So far all new firearms (i.e. not in F3) seem to have real world counterparts. The 9mm Pistol is a FN HP, the Ordonance Rifle (not sure about the name, I have to play the german version) is a M16 with wooden stock, the .357 Magnum is a SAA or something like that, the cowboy rifle seems to be a Winchester, the grenade launcher is a M79 etc. I was at first a tad uncomfortable about it, since Fallout 3 didn't use actual real life weapons (well, the assault rifle did look G3-ish and the hunting rifle Remington 700ish; oh right and Lincoln Repeater was supposed to be a Henry Rifle) but they've grown on me.

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
Wow, I can't believe these forums are still here.... I practically had to blow the dust off this account after 4 years...

I too am addicted to New Vegas (though I'm stuck on a 360, since my gaming PC died some time ago) but damn.. I haven't beat the game yet -- heck I haven't even made it to the strip yet.. been spending all my time just wandering around the desert and "prospecting" for caps..

Carpetsmoker

Nexus-6
Jan 20, 2008
Netherlands
arp242.net
You already finished it? Geez, my highest leveled character is just about 13ish - on the other hand I might have finished it by now too if I didn't have that stupid habit of playing 6+ characters at once.

omg, 6+ characters :eek: How do you keep track :confused:

I looked at some mods, and there are a few nice onces out there (judging by description anyway).
Right now I thought it might be fun to play Fallout 1 & 2 again ...

I went for the good "NCR path" this time ... I also loaded a previous savegame and did the "Yes man path", I blew up Mr. House's army of protectrons, and the game hinted I could of used them to control the Hoover Dam ... Ah well, better luck next time ;)

Next time, I'll be playing as a bad ass legion mothafucha

Last edited:

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Visit site
omg, 6+ characters :eek: How do you keep track :confused:

That's actually rather easy, since I take the same basic characters through any RPG I play, obviously with slight adaptions within the ruleset but retaining their, uhm, character. So what they do is reasonably obvious to me as well as how to level them.

On a sidenote yesterday turned out to be my main characters (i.e. the one I usually consider to me me-est) lucky day. Picked a hunting rifle off a dead viper-guy and then found all three upgrades at the same weapon seller :D. Never better than now!