Gamemodes

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Comrade Jerkov

You are in contravention...
Dec 23, 2005
Brittannium
If you're adding lots of gamemodes to OW (as I expect you probably are), I'd like to politely and respectfully request that you don't include either Bombing Run and Double Domination. I really do hope they do NOT feature. If you went back to the original UT'99 DOM, that'd be fine IMO. But not those two. Those are probably the most suckitudinous game modes ever devised. 2k4 has ONS to make up for it, but...yeah. Suckitudinous game modes :p

Yet I expect none of the original game's gamemodes will feature except for DM, so I guess this post is redundant :p

Nevertheless I felt the point had to be made.

Twrecks

Spectacularly Lucky
Mar 6, 2000
In Luxury
www.twrecks.info
We're trying out loads of gametypes, I think about a dozen ATM. Which get to the demo/release is yet to be determined. Vehicles are definately included in nearly every gametype.

Twrecks

Spectacularly Lucky
Mar 6, 2000
In Luxury
www.twrecks.info
No BR or DD maps are being worked on currently, so chances are slim you will see either of these two gametypes included. There may be a TeamOrbit variation on these gametypes, but again, they would probably involve vehicle use.

Comrade Jerkov

You are in contravention...
Dec 23, 2005
Brittannium
Mike said:
Hang on a sec, if you don't like a game mode.. can't you just... not play it?

I was forced to play both of those in UT2004's single player ladder. And I do like to play through SP campaigns. I understand your point, but I would hope that I don't have to 'unlock' the good stuff by playing through modes like BR, lol.

But that is good enough news for me, Twrecks :)

Twrecks

Spectacularly Lucky
Mar 6, 2000
In Luxury
www.twrecks.info
imtheone is the new godmode.
I prefer just going slomo .5 and cranking it up till I get the hang. I've played some maps all the way to 1.5 gets pretty intense. Some older UT servers were set up to play at 1.35 as standard, don't lag or you will be fragged :)

Mike

Dec 28, 2005
Shrewsbury, UK
Twrecks said:
Some older UT servers were set up to play at 1.35 as standard, don't lag or you will be fragged :)
:eek:
Comrade Jerkov said:
[...]but I would hope that I don't have to 'unlock' the good stuff by playing through modes like BR, lol.
Oh ok, I get you now.

Speaking of unlockable stuff, just what kind of unlockable content will there be - Skins and maps? Or whole new modes?