GameMake 3.3 released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
GameMake Version 3.3 for UT2Vote

Changed the Classname suffix to always be the same as the SuperClass suffix.
Admins can now have as many xCTFGame's as needed for instance.
In the case of a Custom game, GameMake is the same as before.
Changed background color for identification purposes only.
Added several error traps.

http://www.unreal.co.za/files/other/GameMake3Setup.zip

;)

Last edited:

Imaginos

Deathball addict?
Sep 13, 2000
New Joisey, USA
Visit site
I like it. One thing I would change though is allowing the user to toggle the classname suffix. I have several cusom games that are all variants of the db_deathball superclass, but only 3 of them should keep the superclass suffix for stats collection.

Imaginos

Deathball addict?
Sep 13, 2000
New Joisey, USA
Visit site
ProAsm said:
When you say toggle - toggle for what other options ?
Toggle to remain as the supersuffix or continue as a custom game as you can do with the stock UT2004 games. Otherwise in 3rd party stats databases, you have the same problem of the gametypes not matching.

groovyjoker

Aug 23, 2004
I am all over this! So, let me get this right - my deathmatch games will be logged as deathmatch now?

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Theoretically yes, unless Epic now decide to use the whole of the classname which I would not put past them :)

Ok Imaginos I got you point there also - next time ;)

groovyjoker

Aug 23, 2004
ProAsm said:
Theoretically yes, unless Epic now decide to use the whole of the classname which I would not put past them :)

Very true...corporate bastards that they are. :eek: OMG Did I say that! Self-check - yes I sure as hell did! :lol:

Thanks again for all your effort and hard work Proasm, and the UT2Vote folks. :tup:

NotoriousBIC

May 26, 2004
Imaginos said:
I like it. One thing I would change though is allowing the user to toggle the classname suffix. I have several cusom games that are all variants of the db_deathball superclass, but only 3 of them should keep the superclass suffix for stats collection.
I would like the same. Currently you can only have the standard gametypes as superclass i.e. CustomGame.xDeathMatch.
It would be mighty handy if that were automated for other gametypes like Jailbreak, Elimination etc.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
At the end of the day all custom games regardless, are either a xDeathMatch or an xTeamGame.
Even standard games like CTF, BR, DOM etc are all different variations of xTeamGame.
Customising a standalone exe like GameMake is very difficult when it cannot see inside a U file, as error correction and detection has to play a major role and normally occupies at least 50% of most exe applications.