Game server not listed

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mister J.

Oct 16, 2024
Hi all,

I successfully run 4 game servers (latest versions of Urban Terror, Unreal Tournament 2004, Xonotic & Warsow) that I can connect to with a client from the LAN and WAN by ip.

Since I changed server OS from ClearOS to initially NethServer 7, I am having problems getting listed.
Because someone advised me to solve this problem the easiest way, I changed to the Hypervisor Proxmox and now I am running the game servers in Debian 12 based containers with a dedicated OPNsense firewall box.
Because I do not encounter this problem with UT2K4 I must assume that it's not something simple like a problem with portforwarding, because those are identical.

But with the Urban Terror, Xonotic & Warsow it's only possible to connect from the Internet by ip address and not with the in-game- or online listings.
I already tried every trick in the book that I could find, but nothing works with these 3 games.
https://arena.sh and https://www.urbanterror.info also reports that the servers are unreachable.

The only problem I have with UT2K4 is that I can't figure out how to add my server to GameTracker.com.
For unknow reasons it reports that one of the following criteria is true:
Server is not online
Entered the wrong Query Port
Server is firewalled

When running these game servers on a ClearOS box in gateway mode I did not have any of these problems.
Could it have something to do with a setting in OPNsense ... ?!?

Please advice,

Mister J.

Attachments

• beta.openspy.net_en_server-list_ut2004.jpg
    beta.openspy.net_en_server-list_ut2004.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 0
  • GameTracker.jpg
    GameTracker.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 0