1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

game freeze / stutters

Discussion in 'Unreal 2' started by megaman951, Jun 9, 2015.

1. megaman951

megaman951 New Member

hello. I just started to play Unreal 2 on steam. Everything works fine but the game keeps freezing for about 2 seconds every now and then, like it's trying to load something. I just finished the "acheron" level and now the game crashes while playing the cutscene

I'm using Windows 7 x64

2. Carbon

Carbon Altiloquent bloviator.

Graphics card, screen resolution, amount of system memory...all would be useful.

3. megaman951

megaman951 New Member

-GeForce GTX280
    -1680x1050
    - 4GB of RAM

4. Carbon

How do other games manage? I might say heat could be a problem if the problem persists with other titles as well.

5. megaman951

megaman951 New Member

The other games manage pretty well. this is the only game that does this and the first time ever I've seen this

6. Carbon

7. megaman951

megaman951 New Member

here is a link with my unreal2.log file:

https://1fichier.com/?q2tze1dz29

I was able to get further in the game, up where you have to defend your position with field generators and turrets, and then the game crashed again....

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  8. Carbon

Well, the log says nothing....it just stops. This means that it might not be the game that is the problem. If the game crashes, it will write something to the log file - at least that is what I understand - but your just suddenly stops. Seems more like a hardware thing or even Windows.

Drivers up to date? Sound and graphics, mainboard .ini's etc..? Did you check out the threads I linked to? There are a couple of ideas there.

Sorry mate...that's all I have. Your temperatures are all fine, yes?