UE3 - UT3 frustrated about this help!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

delvolta

Feb 15, 2009
i've created my own creature to plug into unreal 3, and i want to use the krall anim sequences etc.
(things ive done;
have a mesh, created a replicate bone system matching the krall bones,
did a skin bind and exported it in actor x (maya), and imported into unreal 3, and when it appears in the viewer, it becomes warped and tangled and not looking like it suppose to.)

it animates suggesting that it works but the skin binding is not what i applied in maya.

so i know how to create my own animations and animtree, but i dont have the time to spend creating it.
i based the creature i created on the krall animations and i would like to use it.

is there anybody that went through the same problems or have any suggestions please respond. much appreciated.

|*BILLY$CLINT*|

I make things happen!
Jan 25, 2008
The Moon
Did you make sure to check on CPU skinning? Sometimes after importing I get errors and then I un check/recheck this box and it fixes my issues.

Also did you use the Epic skeletons or did you make your own. If you made your own skeleton you need to make sure that the bone names and their hierarchy matches exactly what is in unreal or it will not work.

delvolta

Feb 15, 2009
no i havent tried cpu skinning. cuz when i do export it says [0] vertices transfered and i know it should say a number there.

but the skeleton i made does have the naming system and hierarchy that unreal should have, but i'll check again.

much thanks.

|*BILLY$CLINT*|

I make things happen!
Jan 25, 2008
The Moon
no i havent tried cpu skinning. cuz when i do export it says [0] vertices transfered and i know it should say a number there.

but the skeleton i made does have the naming system and hierarchy that unreal should have, but i'll check again.

much thanks.

That is just an error with the tool but there where verts exported.

delvolta

Feb 15, 2009
thanks, i turn on CPU skinning and turn on everything in skin export in the actor x setup and it works.

by the way, i went on your website and saw that you worked on the stargate worlds, i got offer a job to work there by this black guy name Hans, i think he said he was president of Cheyenne mountain, i couldn't take the job because im here in california going to school and you guys are in tempe. but good stuff on your web.

|*BILLY$CLINT*|

I make things happen!
Jan 25, 2008
The Moon
thanks, i turn on CPU skinning and turn on everything in skin export in the actor x setup and it works.

by the way, i went on your website and saw that you worked on the stargate worlds, i got offer a job to work there by this black guy name Hans, i think he said he was president of Cheyenne mountain, i couldn't take the job because im here in california going to school and you guys are in tempe. but good stuff on your web.

Cool thanks man I actually am still working on the game but I don't know who this Hans guy is we don't have a black president unlike the US...