Free USB drive from M$

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Signed up for it, maybe I will get it. Maybe not. Didn't cost me anything but 2 mins, so it's worth a try I guess.

Free USB Drive from Microsoft

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.microsoft.com/mysterysolved/corp

Get a free USB Drive from Microsoft. Click on the image of the USB drive "Valuable Information - Get Yours".

Here are the answers to the four questions:
Q1. How many ways are there to obtain a full Microsoft® Windows® Desktop license?
Answer:: 2

Q2: Volume License Agreements cover Windows Desktop operating system upgrades only.
Answer: True

Q3: OEM operating system licenses are non-transferable.

Q4: The most cost-effective way to acquire an initial, full underlying Windows Desktop license is preinstalled.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Q1 :
Answer : 3 (buy it in a shop, as part of a pc or simply steal it)

Q2 :
Answer : True, but there's ways around those restrictions

Q3 :
Answer : OEM-licenses are transferable if you know what you're doing

Q4 :
Answer : the most cost-effective way to acquire Windows-license is to warez it

Sorry ... couldn't resist ... ;)

JaFO

Nov 5, 2000
Since they're getting your name and address and other data they're probably more than willing to send you some free spyware to check that you're compliant ;)
Plus you won't have the excuse of *ahem* not knowing *ahem* it was 'illegal' to transfer your OS to a new pc ...

DeeperShade

Banned
Dec 8, 2000
www.tar-valon.com
Done. Is it like a competition or does everyone get a USB Drive?

The signup page allows for a lot of countries, so I wouldn't be surprised if it weren't just US.

Last edited:

Daedalus

I don't even...
May 24, 2001
Pittsburgh
www.beyondunreal.com
The_Head said:
Ya Rly

nm, I have a pendrive, never use it. My phone has a larger capacity and its one less thing to take with me.

NO WAI!!!!!!!!!!111

Seriously your original post was unnecessary and stupid.

I considered signing up for this flashdrive but I already have a 512MB drive besides I don't feel comfortable giving Microsoft my information when I've acquired windows...in other ways.

JonAzz

UA Mapper
Aug 1, 2003
North of Philadelphia
JaFO said:
Q3 :
Answer : OEM-licenses are transferable if you know what you're doing
Yes its called calling them up and telling them its only on one computer and they give you another key :D Its funniest when you do this 3 times in 20 minutes... heheheheheheh running the same key on 14 computers is great \o/

GotBeer?

The nozzle is now calibrating
Mar 10, 2004
57th State
OEM operating system licenses live and die with each PC—they are not transferable.
That still pisses me off. Remember my rant a couple months ago about not being able to use my OEM key on a full version of XP after the system the OEM disc came with was stolen? And about how the OEM version had issues with SP1, and even more with SP2? M$, indeed.

Did the survey, anyway. I want free stuff.

JaFO

Nov 5, 2000
Well ... they needed to invent some reason to make the OEM-version cheaper.
They can't say they don't give you any manuals since Windows never had a real decent manual to begin with.