1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Frames per second (poll)

Discussion in 'Original Unreal Tournament' started by SamD, Jan 31, 2001.

?

How many frames per second do you average in UT?

1. Below 10

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  2. 10 to 20

4 vote(s)
    5.7%
  3. 20 to 30

5 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. 30 to 50

23 vote(s)
    32.9%
  5. 50 to 70

25 vote(s)
    35.7%
  6. 70 to 100

11 vote(s)
    15.7%
  7. 100+

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  1. SamD

SamD Hooker with a penis

its interesting to see where i stand with my 40 fps :)

2. My_Oozing_Eye|PuF

My_Oozing_Eye|PuF The Original Brother Ooze!

Grrrrrr

This is gonna make me upset.. I just know it!

3. MagicDizk

MagicDizk P.F.M

Off line I get around 55fps on avg. But online you are limited to your netspeed, mine is set at 2600 = 40fps max.

L8r

4. Zaphrod

Zaphrod President of the Universe

Umm, you didnt specify a resolution. I get 80fps on most maps in single player at 1280x1024x16 or 1024x768x32 but i chose 50-70 on the poll because thats about my minimum average. Online I get 40FPS at every resolution on any map so I play at 1280x1024.

5. Orestes

Orestes New Member

I get 70-100 fps @ 1024*768 32-bit, etc. (all high detail). I use the second UT CD for the nice textures as well. http://www.lokigames.com/~vogel/UT

OpenGL rendering seems to run alot faster in Win2K than it ever did in Win98/WinME. Of course, I've used Win2K Pro for exactly one year now (well, tomorrow anyway) and I LOVE it for everything. Gaming is at least as fast as Win98/ME and all of my games work.

My System:
    Intel P3 500E @ 666 MHz
    Abit BE6-2 Rev. 1 (HPT-366 controller)
    Hercules GeForce DDR-DVI
    256 MB IBM PC133 RAM
    Netgear FA-310TX
    Diamond Monster Sound MX300
    Win2K Pro SP1

btw, say hello to the "newbie" (been with Unreal 1 since the day it came out)

6. SamD

SamD Hooker with a penis

well to correct my question, the resolution should be the one you usually have when you play. sucks that i can't ask for resolution, detail and fps all in the same poll :(

by the way i have everything on low at 640x480. i really dont mind the ugly graphics -- a high fps is more important for me at least.

i bet in a couple years, people will look at this poll and laugh :D

7. dualcells

dualcells 60Frags,15min,8Skilled Bots, NP

benchmark ave

8. Tetris L

Tetris L Smartass

Could somebody explain the math behind that?
    Thanks

9. Stosh

Stosh A legend in his own mind

Cleaner, I can't explain it, but it is true.

I use a dialup 56k modem. Test it for your self... Once your able to run at higher netspeeds... i.e., if your using a cable or dsl. Your netspeed is should be set at 10,000. Then your fps are limited by your system specifications.

Even if you have a P4 with a GF2 Ultra, your frame rates will not increase online if you are limited to netspeed 2600

10. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

I have to have a at least medium detail when I play at home on my desktop. My laptop can't handle more than low detail/software/300x200. There's gotta be some balance! :)

I get about 36-40fps at home. That used to be pretty good where UT is concerned. Now it's right at the bottom!

11. FireSlash

FireSlash Whats a FireSlash?

hmmmm 40 FPS?

well, ofline at 1600x1280 all high detail + full sound i gett ohh maybe 123.2 avg frames :D
    i just L O V E my athlon, its even BETTER overclocked to 1 ghz :D and my video card... sonly got 128 mg ram :D
    enough :D's for ya?
    heres 1 more.... 256 meb ram :D
    ok im done :D
    :D

12. FireSlash

hehe im all alone

all alone in 100+
    :D

13. Boom

Boom Rumpshaking Moderator

FireSlash, what brand and model videocard do you have?

There is another thread here somewhere which is pretty helpful. Everyone posted their system specs and gave their fps for the demo map, so we really had something to compare by. Asking what is your "average" fps can sorta be misleading. I'm sure my average fps is a lot higher in Coret than in Lavagiant.

anyway, I'll bump that thread for you guys. Here is a link to it, its called, Cityintro.unr benchmarks here (updated)

This is what I posted in that thread.
    Fireslash, I would like to see what you get in the intro map, that average is awefully high, for all I know you can be staring at a wall. I can get up to 150 or so when I stare at a wall. And you misspelled somewhere in your status.

14. SamD

SamD Hooker with a penis

from my experience, it isn't true.
    the client handles the rednering, the server only has a say in what the actors around the player are doing. therefore you dont need to check with the server 60 times per second to get 60 fps.

15. FireSlash

OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHh

OHHHHHHH you want the DEMO stats.... heh heh
    i get around 95FPS
    im a tweak freak
    my video is a custom built one tweaked soo much i need a BIG fan to keep it in one piece, like one of the double fan + big as mother of a heatsinc

16. Boom

Boom Rumpshaking Moderator

You built your videocard yourself? What drivers do you use? More information please.

And "around 95"? Do me a favor, load up UT, go to the main menu. Click on Tools, then click on "timedemo stats" Then go to multiplayer and click on reconnect to server. Let the intromap run through twice. After it is totally done, click on ` to open your console. It will give you a min, max, and average. Please post them here. I'm just trying to figure out what is going on. I must say, that it is odd you would have 95 in the intro map, then have 30 fps higher in a game where there is flak and shock and explosions and all that other stuff for your system to render.

17. PsychoPhant

PsychoPhant sycophantic toady-boy

Fireslash, if you click here you'll see a lot more hardware doing a lot less fps.

I'd like to hear more about this videocard of yours. If you don't mind, would you record a demo of yourself going through the cityintro flyby, with the timedemo on? This is something I've got to see.

18. Kaz

Kaz Godlike Drunken Spammer

I get 10-30 offline, 20-30 in the cityintro and 1-20 fps online

19. Zaphrod

Zaphrod President of the Universe

Download this demo and run it .

http://3dfx.infomaniak.ch/Utility/UTbench.zip

Here the instructions.
    1. Unzip the file and put the UTbench.dem file in your UnrealTournament/System folder.
    2. Run the game, and from within any map (the intro flyby will do), bring down the console with the tilde key (~).

3. Type "timedemo 1" and press enter.

4. Type "demoplay UTbench" and press enter, then press tilde (~) again so the console will go away as soon as the demo starts.

5. When the demo finishes, bring down the console again to show the total frames played, time, and average overall framerate.

20. _Zd_JOLT1r_

_Zd_JOLT1r_ Help needed

Offline I ussually get 30 to 55,
    Online around 20 to 40....
    Im used to that now but I know it could be better..:D