1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

'Framerate Smoothing'

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 3' started by Skakruk, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Skakruk

Skakruk  

Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  2. Jordan L

Jordan L New Member

In the UT3 menus re-enable framerate smoothing and disable Vsync. Then go to your Nvidia Control Panel, click the right tab "program settings", select UT3, and scroll down and make sure that the setting "maximum pre-rendered frames" is set to 3. Then scroll further down and enable Threaded Optimization, enable Triple Buffering, and Force On Vsync. I only have used this configuration on my Quad Core and haven't tested it on the Dual Core I was using beforehand.

This configuration should allow you to keep the camera motions feeling smooth with framerate smoothing enabled. It might not work for you, but its worth a try. Using the scroll wheel in the Nvidia program settings causes the program you have selected to change without warning, so make sure that the settings are changed for the right program.

3. Kyllian

Kyllian if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;

While I applaud Epic for adding advanced settings in UT3, I want to slap them for many of the settings not making sense or having a proper description

"Toggles So-And-So setting On/Off" does not help

4. Jordan L

Jordan L New Member

Your right, but I should have mentioned Rivatuner 2.24 comes with a D3Doverrider which basically adds support for triple buffering in D3D (Direct X) games.
    http://downloads.guru3d.com/RivaTuner-v2.09-download-163.html

Last edited: Jun 26, 2009
  5. borsdy

borsdy New Member

Yeah, I felt the same way.