FPS drops dramatically while turning into llama with 2 6800ultras in SLi in jb2004b

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

nukem

Mar 11, 2005
Hi all,

Well i got this annoying bug that happens each time i turn into a llama in jailbreak 2004b in UT2004.

The bug is that my FPS drops very low which makes playing impossible. And even after i get killed and come back from llama mode the fps doesn't go back up to normal. The only way i can fix it is to close UT2004 completely. Then start up the game again and everything will be fine untill i morph into llama again. Which is pretty annoying :/

I'm running on 2 NVIDIA 6800 ULTRA in SLi mode with all in game settings maxed out and AA and AF also cranked up.

I don't know if it's because of SLi, or AA/AF or a bug with the 6800 ultra card from nvidia?

Oh and i have the latest 3339 UT2004 patch installed.

I hope someone can tell me what's wrong. Hopefully it's something simple and obvious that does not require a new fix/patch to be released.

Thank you in advance for your time and help,

nukem

Mychaeel

Wormbo might know more, but the one thing that comes into my mind which could cause a frame rate drop is the motion blur effect you see while you're a llama. However, that effect is removed when you die as a llama, so it really shouldn't affect you anymore after you respawn...

Hmm.

nukem

Mar 11, 2005
Thanks for the quick replies.

Hmmm, i didn't know about a v3355 patch for UT2004. But i just read the change log and nothing suggests this will fix my problem but i will give it a shot soon. Thanks for letting me know.

By the way, why isn't this patch listed on the official UT2004 website thought ? http://www.unrealtournament.com/ut2004/downloads.php still shows 3339 as being the latest...

Ravu al Hemio

Comes, fixes, leaves.
Sep 1, 2004
Austria
I've had too many problems with crazy ATI cards, plus I don't like their drivers. (And they don't really support Linux and gaming on it.) I wouldn't ever recommend it to anybody unless nVidia would be as bad or worse.

I have a friend who has a GeForce, never let him down yet.

Interesting that somebody enquires for support with an SLI system... they are quite new around the block.

Anyways, you can get the patch from BeyondUnreal -- for Windows, Linux and Mac.

Matthew Leech

Is not my real name.
Mar 11, 2005
No! That is NOT my self portrait!
Ravu al Hemio said:
I've had too many problems with crazy ATI cards, plus I don't like their drivers. (And they don't really support Linux and gaming on it.) I wouldn't ever recommend it to anybody unless nVidia would be as bad or worse.

I have a friend who has a GeForce, never let him down yet.

Interesting that somebody enquires for support with an SLI system... they are quite new around the block.

Anyways, you can get the patch from BeyondUnreal -- for Windows, Linux and Mac.

hmmm, kind of find it funny that you're talking about something you have no clue about. ATi's drivers are better and are updated more often. im not going to get mad at you because i think you are a nice guy