1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Forums Are Getting Slow

Discussion in 'Original Unreal Tournament' started by Arnox, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Arnox

Arnox UT99/2004 Mod Crazy

We need to pick up the pace here. So how often do you guys play UT online and off?

2. JohnDoe641

JohnDoe641 Killer Fools Pro Staff Member

I've given up on UT3 completely, UT I rarely play once every two months. I'm too busy with Killing Floor and Borderlands.

3. Firefly

Firefly United Kingdom is not a country.

I'm mainling wow again.

4. Pileyrei

Pileyrei Member

I still have UT3 installed, don't know why though, hardly played it and its just not the same as good old 99.....

Oh well.

5. [GVG]Boff

[GVG]Boff UT Mapper

Just started mapping again for UT - I'm making a 3rd or 4th attempt at a large map idea I've had for years. I don't play that much since I prefer mapping and I do spend a lot of time lurking on the forums.

6. AWW SNACK

AWW SNACK New Member

I just uninstalled UT3 after not playing it for like a year. :p

I keep wanting to play UT99 offline (that's how I only play it these days) and finally finish U1 but I'm not arsed enough to do either for some reason.

7. Glider of chaos

Glider of chaos Ready 2 Fight !

Recently I started playing UT at work during launch break again (thank god people stopped forcing DotA clone on me ^^) but I'm kinda shy of my skill to go online and I don't ave that much time as well...

8. Ghoulz

Ghoulz New Member

Well, I never play online(bad sport, piss poor shot, though I manage somehow to rack a massive killscore getting headshots with the U4e railgun from behind walls), but I do play UT99 with bots once in a while. I simply have so many different games to play from is all.

But I'll never put this aside for good. It won't get old anyways, too many ways to play thanks to all the mappers and modders.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2010
  9. Raynor.Z

Raynor.Z Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus

UT1 only - daily. Both on- and offline.

10. UBerserker

UBerserker old EPIC GAMES

Playing nothing right now, just creating some EXU2 stuff.

11. Bi()ha2arD

Bi()ha2arD Toxic!

I play UT3 whenever there is a warfare pickup game. so maybe 3 dasy of the week. Then bta every now and then ontop of that.

12. GreatEmerald

GreatEmerald Khnumhotep

I'm mainly working on Might and Magic games right now, so not playing UT games extensively either. Only for an occasional UT2004 match to test some of my mods, or a spectated UT2003 match to gather screenshots.

13. Arnox

Arnox UT99/2004 Mod Crazy

We need to, all, play online together again. :D Don't know why it stopped. But me? I play UT99 offline about 4 times a week practicing my skillz, making mod combinations and getting new mods and maps, and making small changes to maps with the UnrealEd. Besides that, I'm also working through the UC2 Ascension Rites. That games hard for a newb like me but I'm getting better every day.

14. Al

Al Reaper

I have 2k4 and UT3 installed, but I don't play them at all. I'm busy playing other games.

15. MrLoathsome

MrLoathsome New Member

Play almost every day. Off line for testing new muts, than online for more testing and
    just to play.

Been unable to stop playing the EXU2-Demo4 lately......

16. NeoNite

NeoNite Worst hack fraud ever

Getting slow? They've been slow since 2003 iirc...

As far as UT gaming goes, not that much as I used to. Play online sometimes, but that's coop because I honestly don't care about any other gamemodes anymore. Online, that is.
    So offline mostly, playing or speccing some botmatches. Always have/had modified bots (appearance, voicepacks) and silly names.

And I also play more oldies like Quake1/2/3 and Doom2. These games are classics to me, and a neverending source of fun.

(Don't get me wrong, I do try new games but they don't seem to last that long...)

Sometimes some UT2004. And as for UT3.. hmmm... I have it installed but that was mainly for checking out some interesting user made maps.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2010
  17. FieldMedic

FieldMedic Less good UT Player ever

I didn't played UT in months but will start soon again as i found myself beginning to inspect some map site ;)

That's a natural loop for me, months without launching the UT executable, being busy in modwork for something else, then months playing it weekly to get some breath out of modworking, trying "new" or old maps with bots or just a few mods like Infiltration and hunting the enemy AI.

And each of my return to good old UT have always been fun.
    That is telling a lot about a how brillant that game from 1999 that i continue to enjoy with fighting bots from time to time.

Never went into UT 2003/2004/UT3, never been interested enough by their demo to buy any of them.