Forum screwed

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
This forum is all screwed up and has been backdated 20 odd months.

I must say I've just noticed this as all our Sticky's in the General Discussions has gone, especially the ServerBots releases, Zound and UT2Vote55, 56 and 57 releases.
All that is there now is UT2Vote52 from February 2006.
This is bad bad news especially now when we slap in the middle of switching form UT2004 to UT3.

I was wondering why Socke replied to a UT2Vote53 thread a while ago.
I've also been getting all sorts of email from this forum relating to stuff and threads that I don't have a clue about.
All our hard work for the last 18 months has vanished.

This bloody SUCKS :(

Last edited:

CVROY

Mar 8, 2003
I believe the forum admins can set the forum display here to show everything from the beginning. I have VB on my forums and I can control that server-side.

There is also a setting in your user control panel -> edit options to show all threads regardless of age, you will see them, I just went to general and I saw everything.

Last edited:

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
There is also a setting in your user control panel -> edit options to show all threads regardless of age, you will see them, I just went to general and I saw everything.
I think you looked wrong here, the year 2007 was one of our most busy years with many many posts.
Find me just ONE post or topic made in 2007.
The topic about UT2Vote57 Released, The ServerBots topic, The ServerColor topic..... all gone.
As I say, show me a URL to just any one topic in 2007 ???
All I see is topics from May 2006 all the way back to April 2004, but no 2007 :(

Last edited:

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
This goes from bad to worse :(

f17.jpg

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Nope still the same.
I logged out and it now asked me to login saying maybe I dont have the privileges to access blah blah...
I tried quiting altogether and coming back, still the same, logged back in but still the same.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Still the same btw :(
What is at that page that I need to see, can you not copy and paste it here or mail it to me at 'info at proasm dot com'

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Yes it is a real pity I did not see those as now I feel a real *sshole for shooting my mouth off for which I sincerely apologize.
I know what its like going through a crashed forums database so I wont ask you to try and retrieve anything as most of the original stuff I found on other forums and sites which I now copied over, its just the follow ups that one cannot get back, but I'm sure we'll manage ok without them.
Be interesting to know why I cannot access and view announcements.
I wonder if it has anything to do with going through a Proxy as this often gives me grief in the USA.
Currently my actual IP is 198.whatever and once through the proxy it is 41.whatever and is dynamic which changes every day around 22:20 GMT.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Yes, I do see that top announcement and can access it no problem.
Wow, I have something very strange going on here.
This is how I get here and going this way I do not see that top announcement.
I click on this bookmark:
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/forumdisplay.php?f=500
That takes me to a choice of the Dev or Public forum.
Eitherway, I dont see the top announcement.
BUT since I clicked on the url in your last post and saw the announcement, now if I quit and come back on my bookmark I also see it in both forums which I never did before.
The first url you gave me still gives me the access problem as in my picture:
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/announcement.php?f=17

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Yeah, it's because I linked you to the announcement in one of our private forums that you don't have access to. It's pretty silly.