1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Forced to reconnect on net games

Discussion in 'Programming' started by RegularX, Sep 10, 2003.

1. RegularX

RegularX Master of Dagoth Lies

I get this alot when running a server, especially a test server (client - server, same box) - but also on EDF Central. The level changes, you get "Press Fire to Continue" prompt, but nothing is happening. It's like you are almost in the game. Usually I just "reconnect" in the console and when I return it's fine.

It only seems to happen when running mods though. Does anyone else get this? Is it common? Is it just some server tweak I don't know about?

2. eXoR

eXoR Lead coder

I get this 4 out of 5 times when connecting to a server hosted on the same machine. I think it's a side effect of the anti-DDOS fixes that they did in 2225 - they basically broke the connection timeout settings in it. I emailed them about it on the modlist a while ago, and they said it would be fixed in the next patch.

3. Mr Evi1

Mr Evi1 New Member

I have had this problem from time to time when I have a lot of mods installed. It seems to be caused by the connection timing out before there has been enough time to load/unload all the relevant files. Turning texture detail down helps by reducing loading times.