forbidden weapon loadout

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TaBu[NiW]

Feb 17, 2000
Visit site
(before asking this question i did read the roadmap, but no answer was found. Either there isn't any to my question/sugesstion, or i'm just to tired at 4 a clock in the morning CET)
I'm curious if it will be possible to forbid certain weapons and equipment for the different teams. It could be rather funny if, in a assasination map for example, the bodyguards could only choose a handgun and a amoured vest and the terrorists would only be able to carry maybe a AK or shotgun.
If this feature isn't already planned for a future version of Infiltration, i would be pleased if the development team would consider my idea.

TaBu[NiW]
ps: ignore all spelling and grammar errors. It's just to late to search for the dictonary.
rolleyes.gif

[This message has been edited by TaBu[NiW] (edited 02-17-2000).]

Warren

Infiltration Project Coordinator
Nov 24, 1999
Portland, OR
www.sentrystudios.com
We've already considered it and it may be something we look into- it may be as simple as something like the 2.7x setup is, disabling certain weapons from the config menu. Anything other than that could get really complicated and confusing for others.

------------------
Warren
Project Coordinator
i n f i l t r a t i o n
http://www.planetunreal.com/infiltration

Questions? Check out our Roadmap.
Then check out our FAQ.

TaBu[NiW]

Feb 17, 2000
Visit site
Maybe the TeamInfo could be expanded to store this information. And you would only need one variable for every team. For example:
M92F=1
SOCOM=2
Five-Seven=4
Desert Eagle=8
Spas 12=32
AKSU-74=16384
The WeaponAllowed Value for the Bodyguards would be 15 and for the Terrorists 16416. Of course the default Value would be something like 268435455 to allow all weapons.
Yes, this could be complicated, but only for the mapper (and the infiltration team /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif ). I can only speak for myself, but i would gladly pay this price for a fun map.

TaBu[NiW]

ps: weapon restriction in RS? Shame on me, but what does RS mean?

INF_Neo

Infiltration Sound Engineer
Nov 30, 1999
Heidelberg, Germany
Visit site
RS= Rogue Spear
See also Rainbow Six. Rogue Spear was R6's sequel.

The server can enter a menu in which he decides whether he wants some weapons or items unavailable.

This gives the players more variety when playing

TaBu[NiW]

Feb 17, 2000
Visit site
Thanks for the compliment /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
I'm honoured if my suggestion could help the team make a better infiltration. But beware, your kind words could encourage me to post more of my "good" ideas.

TaBu[NiW]