1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

For those U.S. BuF'ers moving to another country post here

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by tool, Nov 3, 2004.

1. Capt.Toilet

Capt.Toilet Good news everyone!

I am more worried that Tool was able to predict that we were going to be in the shit tubes. He should run for President :D

2. JohnDoe641

JohnDoe641 Killer Fools Pro Staff Member

At least we're not suffering alone anymore. :p

3. BillyBadAss

BillyBadAss Strong Cock of The North

<---- This nigga keeps his promise.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  4. Zxanphorian

Zxanphorian ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Not to mention this interesting conversation in the thread. W0RF has some crystal ball or something, especially 4 years out from the 2008 election. :eek:

Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  5. Al

Al Car'a'carn

Silly W0RF! He isn't a Christian! He's a Muslim terrorist from Kenya!

6. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

"The only reason I singled him out is that he is an example of someone who realizes that government is there to serve the people."

Until he became President...

7. Gambit84

Gambit84 New Member

This thread makes me want to laugh, but what was said has rang so depressingly true.

8. Jacks:Revenge

Jacks:Revenge ╠╣E╚╚O

[​IMG]

9. SleepyHe4d

SleepyHe4d fap fap fap

How do you become a permanent resident of Japan? I thought foreigners were only allowed there for a few months at a time or something. Also, even being able to live there, I heard it's hard to get things done there as a foreigner, such as getting a decent job and stuff. How did that work out for you? Is it mainly because you're in Tokyo? (even then I heard it's no good) Do you think you would have been able to do it in a small city or town? :eek:

/bombardment of questions

10. BillyBadAss

BillyBadAss Strong Cock of The North

There are many routes you can take to get it. I'm married to a Japanese National. I haven't gotten permanent resident status yet, but I'm eligible for it as of next year. I'm currently hold a spousal visa, but it expires next year, so if they don't give me perm status (unlikely), they will renew it for 5 years into the future.

Assuming you have a visa already and speak Japanese, it's not that hard to find a job. Actually, backend programers can usually find a job without knowing Japanese and they will pay for your visa if you are already here. Japanese usually aren't very good at that stuff. Finding a job here is usually about who you know. If you know somebody at a company they can get you in. That's the easiest way.

A small city or town maybe I could of done it. They are shrinking as everyone is moving to the big cities, so they need people. Hard to say.

You can read a lot about getting a visa here.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2221.html