For the [UW] team

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JACK SH!T

Evil Genius in a Nutshell
Sep 2, 2004
I have a file on the UW team server for me to upload music to. What I need to know is if ya'll want me to upload more of my music to the server, or if you're just not into useing my tunes for your maps. I will take a stab at request, but I need to know what you have in mind.
For those of you that have access to the server files, I will upload the rest of that recording if you want to have it ("Lockjaw", a bit on the heavy side, but our producer made us tone it down) in your collection ;) .
Anything that is in my file "jack" you can use as long as you give me credit for it. Just PM me, and I'll let you know what you need to list it as....Heck, I guess I can make a text doc that says it all, and upload it to my file.

Last edited:

stevenhorton

Not of this World
Jan 9, 2004
Central USA
home.mchsi.com
Hello Jack:) We just haven't been online alot lately for me to keep you up to date. I still want an instrumental Blues for the Train map, but I am still going to give you a first look so you can better select your music before I release the map.

JACK SH!T

Sep 2, 2004
I just uploaded my entire "Lockjaw" CD to the file server & a rEaDmE file. I did it all with Linux, so I'm not sure if you can view the readme file.
Please let me know so I can make the proper changes to the readme file.

Last edited:

JACK SH!T

Sep 2, 2004
stevenhorton said:
Hello Jack:) We just haven't been online alot lately for me to keep you up to date. I still want an instrumental Blues for the Train map, but I am still going to give you a first look so you can better select your music before I release the map.
Can you place it to my file on jerdago's file server? It's the only file I have access too on his server, and I have limited access at that.
I uploaded a few more songs tonight, but I don't think you want to use any
of them, it's the rest of the "Lockjaw" CD, and I think I heard you say you don't care much for rock & roll.

jerdaygo

How jerdaygo?
Jan 10, 2004
USA
JACK SH!T said:
Can you place it to my file on jerdago's file server? It's the only file I have access too on his server, and I have limited access at that.
I uploaded a few more songs tonight, but I don't think you want to use any
of them, it's the rest of the "Lockjaw" CD, and I think I heard you say you don't care much for rock & roll.
Thanks, I am going to give it a listen tonight, I might have time to make another map too :D my final class till i transfer to another college this coming fall is on thursday so I was thinking of starting another map, and btw I like Rock and Roll ;)

JACK SH!T

Sep 2, 2004
jerdaygo said:
Thanks, I am going to give it a listen tonight, I might have time to make another map too :D my final class till i transfer to another college this coming fall is on thursday so I was thinking of starting another map, and btw I like Rock and Roll ;)
What's up with your server? Tried to login, and nothing happened. And the UW server seems to be down as wel.l

jerdaygo

How jerdaygo?
Jan 10, 2004
USA
JACK SH!T said:
What's up with your server? Tried to login, and nothing happened. And the UW server seems to be down as wel.l
:( Sorry, I am currently having Router issues :( , I am in the middle of a router upgrade and the new router is either flaky or it needs new firmware :( , I hope to have it resolved soon, I will post when it is back up.

JACK SH!T

Sep 2, 2004
jerdaygo said:
:( Sorry, I am currently having Router issues :( , I am in the middle of a router upgrade and the new router is either flaky or it needs new firmware :( , I hope to have it resolved soon, I will post when it is back up.
right on....good luck with it.

jerdaygo

How jerdaygo?
Jan 10, 2004
USA
Should be up and running, this is at test run, not sure if the router will hold up (this is a test, only a test) :)

JACK SH!T

Sep 2, 2004
Steven,
I have a song for you to hear without words, and not rock and roll :) Was trying to come up with something bluesie, and this is what came out. Now the problem I have is getting it from tape to my pc. It's a home made 4-track cassette recording, not a CD. I play everything but the drums on it. Had to pay my neighbor 9 beers & 3 shots to track the drums for me :D
I like the music, might just follow up on it with the band. But I wrote it for your "Train Race" map.
I'm doing a search for free software that'll let me do what I'm trying to do; play it from my boom box, into the pc, and save a copy onto the hard drive. The windows recorder only does 60 seconds, and the few programs I've found so far, work great, but won't let me save stuff from demo software.

Anyone have a link they could send?

**EDIT**
Went to SourceForge and downloaded Audacity for windows. I didn't think to try it on Linux :rolleyes: :lol: It comes bundled with Mandrake 10.1 Oh well, doing it on 2000Pro now....

Last edited: