for some reason i cant reinstall bf2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Warm Pudgy

null
Feb 18, 2001
ive installed bf2 just fine before, but lately it kept crashing for some unknown reason
so i tried to reinstall, but it fails!
it get thru about half way with disc one then it gives and error saying it failed to install, and i need to start from the beginning

it gives no other information

there is nothing wrong with the discs they are in perfect condition
and it even fails with the back ups that i had made

im guessing that the installer program, what ever its called, if fuxed up or something

this morning i tried to install it again, and it got thru, what i thought was disc one, but when it asked for disc 2 i started looking for it
and im like wtfbbq i cant find it. but it was already in the cdrom:con::hmm:

so i tried installing on my windows back up partition, which has absolutely nothing but windows installed, it it still fails

so does anyone have any idea whats going on?

Deathmaker

Balanced
Mar 29, 2001
Manchester, England.
I would have suggested that you make sure it's totally uninstalled following EA's instructions here, but, as you've tried it an another drive/OS install I'd hazzard a guess it's a cd or drive problem. Here's EA's instructions for manually installing from copies of the disk on you hdd. Could be worth a try. :)

Rukee

Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!
May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
It does sound like the CD-ROM may be failing. I`ve had the same thing in the past and a new/diffrent drive fixxes it and then the game installs.
I`ve also seen a few FarCry games that the #5 CD was bad, I got two games from newegg with hardware purchases that were both bad.

Warm Pudgy

null
Feb 18, 2001
nah i found out that ntdll.dll was causing the crashes
but for some reason both installs of windows were giving the same error and prolly had the same ntdll.dll, why? i dont know

but a reformat fixed everything so im back online