1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Foghat - aka something that doesn't suck

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Clayeth, Aug 5, 2003.

1. Clayeth

Clayeth Classic

That's right, something happening in my town that doesn't completely suck.

They're having their annual festival that they have every year, which is mostly celebrating how crappy and backwards the city and people running it are. Something I usually go down to for a little while just as something to do, but it always sucks. They have a parade and booths all down mainstreet. Last year their main musical act was the last surviving Temptation, and then some other black guys singing their old songs :rolleyes:

But, this year, Foghat is playing. It lasts all week, and thursday night they're playing a concert. Why? I really don't know... but it's the first thing that they've ever done that I actually want to be there for :tup:

Last edited: Aug 5, 2003
  2. flookster

flookster Somewhere im not scatterbrain

An annual festival huh? and they have it every year? cool. ;)

Seriously though - we have a festival every year in West Belfast and the music is always - with very few exceptions - crap. House of Pain were meant to play it one year to celebrate their gaelic roots and I had tickets - but then the wimps heard what West Belfast was actually like and pulled out. Soft lads.

3. Clayeth

Clayeth Classic

no, it's not a music festival. It's like a county fair, except for our city. Music consists of gospel, country, and classic rock cover bands. They don't even bother getting the decent local bands to play. It's put on by the older people in the community who are proud of the very things everyone else hates about the city.

House of Pain would be 10x better than what they usually have here. That's why I was so surprised to hear Foghat was playing.

[​IMG]

I'm sorry, but this could be a cool thing if there were different people running it. But the same could be said about the entire city. It use to be reasonable powerful, from what I understand, and it has been run into the ground.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2003
  4. thewalkingman

thewalkingman ssssssssssss bugger!

Is it by chance a Mullet festival?

:p

5. alien8

alien8 Run, you magnificent bastard.

6. Lizard Of Oz

Lizard Of Oz Demented Avenger

I saw Foghat open for Blue Oyster Cult in 1979.

Blue Oyster Cult = teh win! :tup: (Now days they sometimes tour as "Soft White Underbelly."

7. Lynxx

Lynxx New Member

oooOOOOOOoooo Slow Ride = teh rok

8. Fluid

Fluid Zen fascists will control you

:lol::tup:

Class!