Flybys

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Xen

Nov 10, 1999
Visit site
Hey all,

I've been trying the whole night to make a simple flyby....but it didn't work.

Can anybody please, please assist me on this. If you can point me to some sort of a good tutorial or maybe you can put down an `idiot's guide to flybys'...I'm eternally grateful.

Thanx

Xen

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
These are the initials needed. 1 PlayerStart, 1 Trigger, several InterpolationPoint's, 1 SpecialEvent.

First, the PlayerStart should be near a Trigger. This is so that when the player enters the level he'll immediately activate the Trigger.

Second, the Trigger's Event needs to be set to the Tag of the SpecialEvent.

The SpecialEvent's Event needs to be set to the Tag of all the InterpolationPoints.
The SpecialEvent's Object=>InitialState needs to be set to PlayerPath.

Finally the InterpolationPoint's all need to have the same Tag.
Also the InterpolationPoint's InterpolationPoint=>Position setting should be set up sequentially starting from 0.

Now the trick part is whether you should change levels or loop. I say this because as far as I know there's no way of getting out of it without changing levels.

If you want to change levels place a Teleporter at the last InterpolationPoint and set it up appropriately.

Looping should be done automatically after the last InterpolationPoint has been touched.

Any problems, complaints, or concerns..... well you know where we are /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

CraZyHorSer

Nov 22, 2004
can someone give me the definition of a flyby plz?

Newb R Us here !! :p

i am creating an escape map so i wast to have lots of detail

CraZy :p