Flag Pack II: Out This Week

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Odds

SuperGlue Studios
Oct 19, 2004
Ipswich, UK
www.supergluestudios.com
Flag Pack II: Out TONIGHT!!! (CET)

sgs_fp2_bu.gif

#supergluestudios For launch party, and download mirrors.

Development of SuperGlue Studios' follow to Flag Pack 2004 has come to an end. We are currently putting the finishing touches on six new maps / conversions, all of which we believe are worthy of tournament play. If you're unfamiliar with the Flag Packs, they're a collection of CTF maps witha unique development process, spending the majority of time on making the map playable, and whatever time remains on adding visuals.

The maps have been tested by some top players in Europe in 5v5 NW situations, and a few of the mappers are themselves, competitive CTFers. We believe playability comes first.

DOWNLOAD:
When available, the download mirror list will be at the following link:
http://www.supergluestudios.com/fp2.html

This post will be updated and bumped when the pack is out. Take care, and keep CTF alive.

MAPS:

Last edited:

Taleweaver

Wandering spirit
May 11, 2004
Off course
I'm really looking forward to it. Flag pack 1 was awesome :tup:
(and I don't think I'm the only one on these boards ;) )

\me checks the link
Aw...nothing :(

(5 minutes go by)
\me checks again
still nothing :(

nick89

Mr High Ping
Dec 20, 2004
I could of sworn i had played Ages befpre.....

Roffle CTF-Rankin, i'll have to see how that turns out!

igNiTion

here
Apr 9, 2004
South Carolina
nick89 said:
I could of sworn i had played Ages befpre.....

Roffle CTF-Rankin, i'll have to see how that turns out!
There is a DM-Ages out by..I forget, but he's another well known mapper. DM_Ages kicks some heavy ass. Awesome visuals, gameplay, and framerate to boot.

I'm not sure if CTF-Ages is by the same guy, the same DM map with flags in it (hope not), or is just called CTF-Ages because it looks very similar (i hope for the first and last :))

nick89

Mr High Ping
Dec 20, 2004
Looking by the Ages screenshot its DM-Ages with a duplicate of itself mirrored and then both connected.

OH NOES! :eek: :eek:
The Rankin Map is by Equinox!!!
That means its probably a tidied up version of his currently existing CTF-Rankin_b :(

CTF-FP2-Rankin and CTF-FP2-Ages are basically copy maps.
VTF-FP2-Gauntlet Just look like the architechture ftom the currently existing version of gauntlet and changing the setting atmosphere a bit. :(

Last edited:

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
Assignment #1 - On the first screenshot of Grizzled, one of you shield gun pinball guys (boogs? T2A?) need to get from the crate to the pipe or ropes above.

BadAss84

BadAss[zero]
May 21, 2003
UK
nick89 said:
Looking by the Ages screenshot its DM-Ages with a duplicate of itself mirrored and then both connected.

OH NOES! :eek: :eek:
The Rankin Map is by Equinox!!!
That means its probably a tidied up version of his currently existing CTF-Rankin_b :(

CTF-FP2-Rankin and CTF-FP2-Ages are basically copy maps.
VTF-FP2-Gauntlet Just look like the architechture ftom the currently existing version of gauntlet and changing the setting atmosphere a bit. :(

1) Most people probably haven't seen that version of rankin, let alone know there was even a ctf-rankin at all, so its good that its in.

2) Ages being a copy map, so what ? Its a good dm map and im sure will make a great ctf map, look at grendel, thats a 'copy' map as you put it, and who would have thought it would be good for ctf, but its one of the best maps for the gametype.

3) Gauntlet, so what if its just changed atmosphere (how you can tell thats all thats changed from one pic i don't know), why should that be a bad thing ? Same as rankin, i doubt many people have seen this in 2k4, at least not in europe, i've never seen a version of this map played anywhere here so this will help get it played.

Don't have a go at the pack before its even out plz :)

alkazex

Nov 8, 2003
Liège, belgium
www.alkasmaps.be.tf
a currently existing other version of gauntlet than mine ?? never heard about it... the JB version is mine ... so

maybe you meen the UT1 version ^^
gauntlet.jpg

ok it ' s the same layout and map but the design and architecture are totally different.