1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

File Redirect for Unreal Engine.

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Cincron, Feb 23, 2002.

1. Cincron

Cincron New Member

I play a game called Rune "Halls of Valhalla", and the Unreal engine is Lacking the File redirect.

Is there any way I can find out how and where Unreal Tournament did the redirect so I could try and make a MOD for Rune to redirect files.

I have VUC++ and have looked at the classes for quite some time and dont understand where to find the "IpDrv.HTTPDownload", yes I am new at this so please bare with me.

Maybe a good website will help if nothing else.

Any help on this would be great.

2. usaar33

usaar33 Un1337

the code is all in c++. uscript cannot touch it.

3. Cincron

Cincron New Member

OK... ummm...

I have this guy who worked on some of the offical updates for Rune.. he said that If i could point him out some of the CODE to the File redirect, he may be able to help me.

Do you know where the File redirection is coded?

What C++ Program do I need.... what do you Use?

I am dying to learn.. just needed someone to Point me in a direction...

4. Shambler[sixpack]

Shambler[sixpack] New Member

You'll need at least Visual C++ 6.0, email me & I can send you the full ipdrv package for ut...Shambler@Oldunreal.com

~[Sixpack]-Shambler-

5. Cincron

Cincron New Member

Can I use Visual Studio 6???

I got it at a PC show very Cheap... never used it....

6. aspie

aspie It's all good baby.

Visual C++ 6.0 is a part of Visual Studio.

7. 2COOL4-U

2COOL4-U New Member

If you want it to work in Linux you'll need someone to port it. ( I saw you're running a linux server )

8. Cincron

Cincron New Member

My game server is RedHat 7.2 "Standard"

My webserver is NT 4 Server... but soon to be RedHat 7.2 with Apache and Qmail.

My Machine is Dual Boot with LILO.... Lycoris Linux and Win2k (which I like alot, only problem is it is Microsoft and I have some quarks about them right now)

I am a RedHat fan do to the support... but the Lycoris looked really Sweet, and had some great Features that they made In KDE... They are porting Linux to the average guy... great Workstation Distibution... just wish they did the same features in Gnome....

Check it out... Free Download... only $29 purchase..
    http://www.lycoris.com