file convert

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

warfang

Jan 25, 2005
how would i convert a pk3. file to be used in UT99 ?

i heard milkshape but i don't have it... my trail had run out

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
Milkshape's the only program I know of that'll open diverse file formats letting you convert for import to Unreal. If I hear of another I'll post here but I don't think there is unless there's some kind of plugin for 3DStudio or Maya ;)

Last edited:

-Tj-

Nov 30, 2004
They are zips, and once opened they can be extracted and opened in MilkShape. Once you get there you'll have to rearrange the parts (if they're separated, like Quake 3 files) then re-texture them with the textures in the .pk3 file. Then you'd have to re-weight them to UTXX skeletons and export them. I don't think it'd be difficult if you know what you're doing (weighting is undoubtedly the most difficult part), and I doubt it'd be even too time consuming. The main thing is if you're doing a port, get the original artist's permission first, or else don't release it.

warfang

Jan 25, 2005
-Tj- said:
They are zips, and once opened they can be extracted and opened in MilkShape. Once you get there you'll have to rearrange the parts (if they're separated, like Quake 3 files) then re-texture them with the textures in the .pk3 file. Then you'd have to re-weight them to UTXX skeletons and export them. I don't think it'd be difficult if you know what you're doing (weighting is undoubtedly the most difficult part), and I doubt it'd be even too time consuming. The main thing is if you're doing a port, get the original artist's permission first, or else don't release it.

if i got permissoin...could someone here port them for me ?

there is too i wish to be done...inu-yasha and a Covenant Elite