FHI-Temple

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

-]RONO[-_666

Apr 28, 2004
I have made a map for FHI.
You can view some screenies below.

FHI-Temple01
FHI-Temple02
FHI-Temple03

And um.. heh... FHI-Temple04 :D

I will later today or some day this week release it.. i have some minor issues with botpaths and fluidsurface which i want to solve first.
There are alot of weapons available.. for everyone their favorite weapon. Hope you guys will like it.

Release of this map and more on the way!! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

-]RONO[-_666

Apr 28, 2004
Ok, i believe iv'e done the job.. :)

You can download the map and try it yourself..

FHI-Temple (2.89 mb)

Comments, suggestions, feedback.. whatever.. send it to me. Email is in the readmefile.

Oh..Artman40.. actually there are 2 minigun turrets present in this map..although i cant guaranteer you will survive long in it :D

Have fun!

Edit 7-7-04
I removed the file from my site as this map is now included in FHI version 3.

Parser

Hello
May 7, 2002
England baby!
fraghouse.beyondunreal.com
Oh, awesome, looks nice.. downloading now. :)

With your permission, may we please include this in version 3 of FHI2k4? Basically, any community maps are a bonus, and we'd love to have them alongside the ones we made. :)

Version 3 will feature more (some objective-based :eek: ) maps, new weapon models (!), and other various improvements. :)

-]RONO[-_666

Apr 28, 2004
Ty parser.. and yeah sure, you may include it for the next release..

Now i noticed a few things which i forgot to finish before publishing..
I will fix that during this week and re-release it. I got some questions as well...
Should the .ucl file be included in the zip or will it auto generate when someone run the map for the first time? If last option, can it cause any problems like version mismatch or not showing up in the list when playing online?
Next question: the minigun turret, is it correct that you will die when you are in the turret and it gets destroyed even if your health is like 200+? I haven't really checked the settings of turrets in other maps, but perhaps you can tell me.

Thanks!

Parser

Hello
May 7, 2002
England baby!
.ucl files will be generated by UT2004 when it finds the map file and it doesn't already have a .ucl. Also, with the new patch, when you save your map in the editor it auto-updates the ucl file.

Great map, but it could do with a little optimisation ;)

-]RONO[-_666

Apr 28, 2004
I got another question for ya..
Now, is it possible to disable the translocator in a map by using a volume? If so, what settings do i use? I know that you can uncheck 'allow translocator' in the configuration menu, but what if you want a map or certain area with no use of the translocator by default..
Oh btw: i guess you have missed the last question in my previous post when i was editing it at the same time you posted your reply.. read it up :)

Thanks!

-]RONO[-_666

Apr 28, 2004
Ok, iv'e improved my map.. in way of performance, botpath fixes, etc.

Oh.. in case you haven't figured yet, you can grab the Yichus cannon some where.....dont cheat to find it.. :p
Tip: observe the bots, they know where the cannon is located at.

If you have downloaded this map before, please redownload it FHI-Temple v1.02 (2.93 mb)

:)

Edit 7-7-04
I removed the file from my site as this map is now included in FHI version 3.

Parser

Hello
May 7, 2002
England baby!
Ack, sorry man, I missed this thread. :p

About restricting the translocator.. yes, it's possible, but the translocator is kinda integral to getting away from monsters, especially in v3 with the new monsters.. you'll see what I mean if you play it. ;)
If you want me to, I can show you how to knock up a quick embedded map script to get rid of it.

-]RONO[-_666

Apr 28, 2004
That would be awesome Parser!
I know..it is vital to escape from the monsters in tight situations.. have some idea's were to use it.. :mwink: -if the script doesnt affect the whole map-

Parser

Hello
May 7, 2002
England baby!
Ah, well it kind of does affect the whole map. If you want to stop players from getting to certain areas with the translocator, use a restriction volume (I think that's what they're called). I found the Yichus btw, well hidden it was too. ;)

-]RONO[-_666

Apr 28, 2004
Ok, i have checked Ued and your right, it's called 'Limitation Volume' Restriction.. Limitation.. its the same :)
And i guess setting 'bLimitTransDisc' to true under 'Limits' will do the job.. well, i'll start to mess with it and figure.

TY! :)

-]RONO[-_666

Apr 28, 2004
Hm.. i figured i have uploaded the wrong version of my map.. the one you should now have Parser.. I discovered this when i was playing my map on my server with bcwood, the server was sending out my map to him while he had the latest version..
At first i didn't understand this, but checking the version i got and the one online was indeed different.. I really can't remember i have changed anything to my map after i uploaded it. I uploaded the file from somewere else, i was not at home. So it must have gone wrong there... Weird.. :confused:

Anyway, i gave bcwood my current version and played my map.. but you know what? I find my own map to difficult to play. :p So therefore i will update my map once again and take out some monster spawnpoints.
There are to many placed, thinking ppl could handle it.. wrong! :D
I will contact you Parser and send it again. Sorry to do this, but im afraid that ppl will skip my map as it becomes to difficult to play with. Aside of that, it was the wrong version anyway, so why not update it again..
;)

-]RONO[-_666

Apr 28, 2004
Well, it was actually a coincidence i bumped on this. In the early version of my map the path was broken at that point and this skaarj along with those little things (i forgot what they are called) got stuck there and this was the result. SO i quickly took a screenshot of it. :)