1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Feed Back on FHCP

Discussion in 'General mod talk' started by bcwood16, Dec 4, 2004.

1. bcwood16

bcwood16 Baz_uK

Hi people,

Im not dead for those that even know I excist!

Just thought it be cool to get some feed back on the FHCP that was released finally. You know stuff like, were the maps fun to play on, was it what you were hoping for. There were quite a few totally various locations and senerious, did it freshen the game up a bit. Also any ideas that anyone can think of that you wish could be included?

Any input would be cool. Never know in the future if any other expansions are made, we can get it even more right :)

Oh also, how did the maps run on peoples machines, as most of the maps were more detailed then usual FHI and needed a bit extra juice.

Cheers in advance

2. T-1

T-1 DFGHIDFJ

Hmm.. I still haven't downloaded it yet, and I was on the team...
    I'm wondering what excuse the readme has for not including my weapons...

3. Phantom_Dream

Phantom_Dream New Member

On my machine,t he maps run perfectly. 2.8 GHZ 1 gb RAM Geforce 5200.

4. -]RONO[-_666

-]RONO[-_666 New Member

I think you know that damn well.. :)

Also, haven't you said that your weapons were not finished or bugged and eventually gave it to Parser? And if you can recall, I said that unfinished stuff would NOT be included in the pack.

5. T-1

T-1 DFGHIDFJ

Yes. That is what I said. I'm wondering if that's what the readme says.

I'm hoping it's telling the truth about me being a lazy bastard. Also at least of those weapons will make it into my next mod *cough*Slaughter*cough*.

EDIT: But I also hope it tells the truth about all those mappers that never put my weapons into their maps. :mad:

Last edited: Dec 8, 2004
  6. DeathAdder

DeathAdder a.k.a. LightBringer

The map pack was a success, and got lots of playing time on my server. The amount of maps in the pack is what made it so successful. The variety in play equally made it successful. I like the originality of the maps.

7. Kaithofis

Kaithofis The Seldom Seen Kid

Actually T-1, I really wanted to use the new weapons. But I only got some kind of BETA with 3, half working weapons in it. Without any ammo pickup too. And I'd say FHINV is a mod where you would really need ammo ;)
    (Btw, Skytown is looking like a sexy mother****er :))

I do like how the pack has brought the community together and it is only a shame how the group fell apart due to the lack of... events (meaning the month before release in which nothing happened... at all)

Also it's cool to see how people like the new ideas. Just something as simple as a door to protect the base opens up a whole new can 'o options.
    Though it makes me sad to see that maps like ABNORMAL LABS and Smiles-PitOfMonsters beta 1 unto 4 win the online popularity contest.

And it seems we got away with a lot more then I expected, the maps alll run really well.

Now might I suggest you do some work Baz? :p

8. bcwood16

bcwood16 Baz_uK

Hi guys, cool to get some feedback, seems fairly positive too, which is cool. As for the weapons in the maps, I has same problem too, would have loved to include them, but was told nothing was finished, so couldnt use them.

Also, what you mean "Now might I suggest you do some work Baz"...? What work?

9. -]RONO[-_666

-]RONO[-_666 New Member

He means 'make some more maps' :)

10. Kaithofis

Kaithofis The Seldom Seen Kid

Me me me!
    But I won't go into it any further, I don't want to go off topic.
    Someone just ought to talk with Mr. Smiles and LB and convince em to lose the panels. or at least limit the deemer spawning, because it is a good idea, only executed way too spammy. Like whoah.

And Baz, I was indeed making a *cough* subtile *cough* hint as Dust already explained.

Now, back with feedback
    :)

11. DeathAdder

agreed, i will talk to mrsmiles, and put a delay on the panels firing deemers.

12. icemanex

icemanex New Member

a delay? remove them more like!!
    this guy the other day had a secret hideout on a map with a panel that calls in an airstrike type assault with redeemer missiles using it to up his level its pathetic

13. DeathAdder

I'm removing FHI at the end of the month.

14. bcwood16

bcwood16 Baz_uK

I really should play FHI a lot more on-line, never have time to do it and when I do I end up doing sometihng else. Not familear with most of whats being said, though I understand whats happening. Guess on-line play will always have its problems.

As for me doing more maps, I have been working on a major map, biggest project for me yet, trying to make a sweet looking map, have no idea how it will fit into FHI, but il find a way. However, been seriously ill the past few weeks and not getting any better.....so that sucks, also moving house with in the next two months so just dont know when I shall get around to doing anything :(

Will always support this mod (mapping side, as all i can do) and still think its totally cool that its so popular. As usual keep ideas flowing, always got my eye open to creat sometihng the comunity wants.

I normally keep Dark_Dust informed of anytihng im doing, but dont expect anything from me too soon *sobs*

15. T-1

T-1 DFGHIDFJ

More like 7/8 working weapons :p
    What? Why didn't you tell me?
    :)