feature request for the next 2d version

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

master_newbie

2D Mod Fan
Sep 6, 2003
I think we should make a list if things we want to see in future 2d versions

then k0lpa has to start coding immediately and release it asap ;)

- mutant gametype (with radar)
- working spectator mode
- fly redeemer in 2d
- fix animations (sometimes you see people walking backwards and shooting from their back etc.)
- radar for invasion
- (show 2d games in the serverbrowser under normal gametypes)
- reenable adrenaline moves (including pint sized and camouflaged)

Last edited:

k0lpA

OMFG the cow bus !!
Aug 19, 2002
Canada / Quebec
Visit site
mutant gametype shouldnt be too hard (like 3lines of code :p)
do u only see the anim bug in mp or sp too ?

ill get to work on it as soon as I get a ut2k3 blue cd.. I formated my pc and it wont work anymore :|

master_newbie

2D Mod Fan
Sep 6, 2003
dont know about the animation bug in sp, I never play against bots :B

thanks for adding features to 2d :)

the bombing run radar does not work as well, I hope you can fix it too :)

master_newbie

2D Mod Fan
Sep 6, 2003
in the webadmin you can not add/remove maps from the mapcycle (it does not show the 2d maps)

it would be great to have the 2d mod as a mutator as well, that way you could play every mod in 2d :)

master_newbie

2D Mod Fan
Sep 6, 2003
yes but it would be fun to play mods like red orchestra or frag ops in 2d :)

another bug I noticed is the ion painter does not switch back to another weapon after you shoot it :eek:

not that important but it would be nice if it get fixed though :B

master_newbie

2D Mod Fan
Sep 6, 2003
cool :)

another bug is when you open the scoreboard your crosshairs freeze at their current position :eek:

have you found your ut2003 cd's yet ? :p

FreakinMeany

Booga booga boo!
Nov 20, 2001
Humid as hell, FL
www.mapraider.com
I also have a few wish-list items :)
  • The bots still seem to be 100% accurate with weapons like the shock rifle.
  • It'd be cool to fly the redeemer around, but instead of looking through the redeemer's eye, you could just maintain the regular 2D view and fly the thing around moving the mouse up and down - up would cause the deemer to rotate up and eventually around and down would cause it to rotate down and around the other direction.
  • Is there a way to make the bots work smarter in the mod or is it a matter of bot-pathing by the map's author?

k0lpA

OMFG the cow bus !!
Aug 19, 2002
Canada / Quebec
Visit site
I think maybe there could be a way to make 2DT a mutator, 2DT needs his playercontroller like every other mods but Ill try something... not sure itll work tho..

yup, the bots are 100% acurate with instant-hit weapons and yup that sucks lol, cause the bots "aim error" in ut2k3 is "left/right" they always aim at the good height, I can change this tho

deemer : cool idea ;) ill try, shouldnt be too hard

there doesnt seems to be a good bot "jumping to get on someting higher" path in ut2k3.. or maybe they just dont know that they can jump higher.. Ill try to find something or make something ;)

btw guys , I think u didnt know about the 2D-3D movements that were possible in 2DT eh ? it was like changing the 2D path.. but it was buggy and I think ill remove it..

also, my lazy friend who have a blue cd forgot to bring it here when he came last day.. blame him :p

master_newbie

2D Mod Fan
Sep 6, 2003
k0lpA said:
there doesnt seems to be a good bot "jumping to get on someting higher" path in ut2k3.. or maybe they just dont know that they can jump higher.. Ill try to find something or make something ;)

btw guys , I think u didnt know about the 2D-3D movements that were possible in 2DT eh ? it was like changing the 2D path.. but it was buggy and I think ill remove it..

also, my lazy friend who have a blue cd forgot to bring it here when he came last day.. blame him :p

I hope you fix the bots, I finally figured out to make bot paths but they dont jump high enough in certain places

what 2D-3D movement ?

NeoNight

Lurker
Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
is that like pressing up and it'' make you run into the back ground or something lol, like in some 2d games where you press up to go into a building or something and you see your character look like he is running into the background.

FreakinMeany

Booga booga boo!
Nov 20, 2001
Humid as hell, FL
www.mapraider.com
Wow - that sounds interesting (the changing direction thing)

For the bot pathing, you can get the bots to jump up/down but it takes a lot of precision nodes from what I understand. The trick is that they have to be able to see the node on the ledge.

Which makes me wonder - what about the translocator? Does it function in 2DT? I never tried! lol

NeoNight

Lurker
Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
Oh hey I had a crazy idea I wonder if it'll work in ut2k3 for the 2d mod. I was wondering if it’s possible to limit the range of the projectiles. Like bots and human players can only shoot a certain distance. That would help stop bots from shooting and killing you all the way on the other side of the map. I mean it makes sense for long range weapons like the lighting gun but it sucks for weapons like the shock rifle.

k0lpA

OMFG the cow bus !!
Aug 19, 2002
Canada / Quebec
Visit site
yup (easy for projetile weapons, a little tougher for instant-hit), ill make it ;) less spam, even for players...
freakin B : cool , does it work even if the ledge is really high ? like that u would be able to jump up there in normal ut2k3 ?
I just got ut2k3 installed, I need to dl the patches and the epic bp... after that : OMG

also : I need to play some 2DT in MP :O

Last edited:

FreakinMeany

Booga booga boo!
Nov 20, 2001
Humid as hell, FL
www.mapraider.com
k0lpA said:
freakin B : cool , does it work even if the ledge is really high ? like that u would be able to jump up there in normal ut2k3 ?
I just got ut2k3 installed, I need to dl the patches and the epic bp... after that : OMG

also : I need to play some 2DT in MP :O

I regularly start up a 2DT server - just check the servers anytime you hop on :)

As for the bots, it depends. From what I understand, bots as they are in UT2k3 won't do double jumps or hammer jumps to get to high places. It may work if it's low enough for a single jump. Bots can use the translocator though, and if they can see the node, they'll go there if.

My PC just can't handle the game/editor very well (I play on my Mac), or I'd spend time experimenting with the botpathing a bit :)