Feature Request 2: Force gametype change

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MoEMeat

Mar 9, 2005
Feature Request 2: I'd really like to setup my server so that at a certain time each day, the server will force a gametype change and at a different time, a different game.

The UT2VoteGameSwitch option almost does this for me but it is dependant on the server being empty of players :(

could the UT2VoteGameSwitch be modified to force gametype switching (and perhaps even display a on screen counter that warns when the server is going to make it's switch to another gametype)

Sorry to ask for so many new features. Just seems like ut2vote just nearly does everything I need it too in order to setup a server encourages variety in addition to the vote.

Thanks for keeping such a usefull admin system availible in a tiny in-game gui. Love the work you guys are doing.

Imaginos

Deathball addict?
Sep 13, 2000
New Joisey, USA
Visit site
You really want to interrupt a game in progress? That would be akin to an admin coming into the game, saying "having fun, all?" getting affirmatives from the players and still deciding to pull the plug on the game they are playing in favor of a different one that they didn't join the server for.

If you want to test that to see how it would be received by your players, actually do the above manually. You could also use cron or task scheduler to auto-endtask the server and restart it with an alternate script with the new gametype configuration/commandline.