fearbetafinal ?!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
Is this mod compatible with the base vrsion of Unreal, unpatched? If so, first recompile it. I don't know how to do that.

Exus Tecius

like diamonds in the sky
Sep 24, 2003
Visit site
hi:)
tnx for the reply delacroix.
well its a ctf based unreal mod and i dunno how to recompile it too.
lets wait and hope then;) .

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
I discussed the mod in oldunreal forums once too...and other one as well. Forgot what it was called, something assault like.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Just to know, how many good old mods are out there that can't work on newer versions? This, Vigil99, some custom maps like Arachnopolis and... ?

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Arachnopolis can run with the files from Legacy, it is not that good map anyway, but interesting still, the scorpions from Legacy are exactly same as the one in this level, except they didn't use the Lega.uax and used normal Unreal sounds.

Anyway there is far more...I can't remember atm, many of these maps are not worth mentioning, some are...I can't remember them atm sorry...

Look at this:
http://www.oldunreal.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1240674119/14#14

Last edited:

Exus Tecius

like diamonds in the sky
Sep 24, 2003
Visit site
leo&UB take a look at the meshes and textures.you will be surprised.this mod is a real treasure i tell you.
someone must fix it.

Gizzy

The Banhammer Cometh
May 30, 2009
United Kingdom
It seems this mod only works with version 220 of Unreal. It's a shame that so many good mods were made with this version, only for 224 to break the code of most, if not, all of them.

I looked at the meshes and played a few matches of CTF and I enjoyed it. I will attempt to extract the meshes and I'll message back :)

Gizzy

The Banhammer Cometh
May 30, 2009
United Kingdom
Ok, I got the meshes, but porting the entire game mode would be difficult. Because of the radical codebase changes since 220, it would be very difficult to port the whole thing to UT. I could do the weapons, if that's what you wanted.

Gizzy

The Banhammer Cometh
May 30, 2009
United Kingdom
Phew, sorry about the long wait, we changed ISPs and there was a kerfuffle about the internet which took about a month to fix....

I'm porting the code now and there has been no errors so far. The PBK pistol, AK47, Assault Rifle and Gattling gun are functional, and I have the Flash Grenade working :)

Should be done today, if not, tomorrow.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Why for 227? There is nothing that would require 227 there.

EDIT: It works under 226 and UT as well. 227 is not required for this. There is back compatibility unless you will use 227 specific stuff.

Last edited:

Gizzy

The Banhammer Cometh
May 30, 2009
United Kingdom
Why for 227? There is nothing that would require 227 there.

EDIT: It works under 226 and UT as well. 227 is not required for this. There is back compatibility unless you will use 227 specific stuff.

I just stated that I updated it to work with the latest verison of Unreal. I am surprised that it works in UT. It would also work with every patch between 220 and 227 since there were barely any code differences.

Thanks for testing anyway Leo :)