Farcry 2 CTF-Maul Remake

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Still a beta but fun action of the CTF-Maul from UT2k3/4.
It's a bit bigger but still small and action packed like the classic :). Will post about dls, etc when I get a working beta. Yes, this will be CTD map.

maulnew1.jpg

maulnew2.jpg

maulnew3.jpg

Last edited:

fyreinside

Oct 28, 2008
Really looks great. Please post to get rid of these other really crapp "recommended by ubi" popular maps!

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I certainly remember playing this in another game. Why you didn't post this in the Far Cry 2 thread?

Well I've always done maps for the Unreal Engine..but never released any. Was always me just playing around. The editor in far cry 2 is REALLY easy. The terrain tool is just about like unreal's, so no curve with that.
The editor is too simple though.. Can't do fxs like waterfalls, no custom textures, no custom meshes, sounds, music. Um.. no bsp making. You have only a set group of models/meshes to use. So like after awhile..all the maps are just gonna look and be the same.
I'm hoping they release a new "advanced" editor for PC users.

But um..I really do like your indoor maps for UT and you just won't be really able to make any with this editor :(.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Neat, just out of curiosity how hard is the learning curve on the Fry Cry 2 Editor?

Plug and play. A nine years old could figure it out.
It's dumbed down for consoles, the Editor on PC is a port of the console version. You play trough sets of presets, so it's a challenge to make a level that will stand out from the others.

And since this is strictly for Multiplayer, and the Multiplayer isn't the best thing ever, I don't see the point in delivering with this tool. It's just "fun" to mess around once or twice. Then leave it to rest.

Last edited:

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
Oblivion[CW];2207063 said:
Well I've always done maps for the Unreal Engine..but never released any. Was always me just playing around. The editor in far cry 2 is REALLY easy. The terrain tool is just about like unreal's, so no curve with that.
The editor is too simple though.. Can't do fxs like waterfalls, no custom textures, no custom meshes, sounds, music. Um.. no bsp making. You have only a set group of models/meshes to use. So like after awhile..all the maps are just gonna look and be the same.
I'm hoping they release a new "advanced" editor for PC users.

But um..I really do like your indoor maps for UT and you just won't be really able to make any with this editor :(.

Thanks for the compliment :)

Plug and play. A nine years old could figure it out.
It's dumbed down for consoles, the Editor on PC is a port of the console version. You play trough sets of presets, so it's a challenge to make a level that will stand out from the others.

And since this is strictly for Multiplayer, and the Multiplayer isn't the best thing ever, I don't see the point in delivering with this tool. It's just "fun" to mess around once or twice. Then leave it to rest.

That's sad... that it's too simple and does not allow for a lot of customization. Yeah I can see with limitations like that, every custom map will be African Savannah nothing different.

Oh well thought I ask, I'll stick to Unreal and GoW for now. Maybe just maybe jump into some TF 2 mapping next year.

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
I've had a blast with the editor for Far Cry Instincts on 360 and in the map a friend made. Sure, it all looks the same but the game can be really fun if the map is done right, and his was. :D
I understand that for the PC version the map editor seems a little bland, but on consoles it is just phenomenally easy :O It's very impressive.