UE3 - General FAQ: SUPER FREQUENT ISSUES - READ FIRST - NEED FEEDBACK

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Forgetful

Here is party?
Sep 21, 2003
Winnipeg, Canada
Visit site
I would like to see an average poly count you should be aiming for when creating static meshes for all three UT iterations like so

UT3
Static Meshes: X polys
Characters: X polys
Scene: X polys

UT 2004 ....

you get the idea

Tealhawke

User closed registration
Mar 16, 2009
I post this as a complete newb, not to UT, but to modding it. Will the Titan pack install itself into the campaign map sequence, or do I have to learn how to edit the new maps in? (BTW, I have dialup Internet, so my question pertains to the single-player, offline campaign mode).

Please allow my ignorance... I just want to play the new version, and when I've added bonus packs before, I could only find and play the new maps in the instant action mode.

Thanks.

Hazel.H

Jan 15, 2004
Can you change the first part about engine versions to a simple list of engine versions, editors and games? It seems a bit confusing to read through at the moment. Or maybe it should be a seperate sticky, I'm not sure :)

Code:
Unreal Engine 1 (UE1) - UnrealEd 1 - Unreal
		  	UnrealEd 2 - Unreal Tournament (UT)

Unreal Engine 2 (UE2) - UnrealEd 3 - Unreal Tournament 2003 (UT2003)
			     	   - Unreal Tournament 2004 (UT2004)
			     	   - Unreal 2

Unreal Engine 3 (UE3) - UE3 Editor - Unreal Tournament 3 (UT3)
			           - Gears of War (GOW)

Median12

Mapper
Sep 18, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
I got a really stupid question, but how do i open the editor for unreal tournament 3? I got the limited edition game very recently, installed everything, but dunno where the editor is. Can someone plz tell me where the source file for opening the editor is?
Also, i would like to create my own levels and character skins. What are some recommended software i would need, eg photoshop, maya?
Much much appreciated :)

Open Frontend in Binaries (C:/ProgramFiles(86)/UT3/Binaries) then click Editor.