1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

FAQ - About - Mapping info

Discussion in 'The Ball' started by Hourences, Jun 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hourences

Hourences New Member

General info can be found on our website - http://www.toltecstudios.com

It doesn't load/I end up in regular UT3/I get lots of errors when it starts
    -Make sure you have patch 2.0 or above installed.
    -Make sure previous versions of the mod have been removed entirely.
    -Verify the location - It must be installed here: C:\Documents and Settings\NAME\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\TheBall - or similar for Vista.
    -If you use the steam version, and our instructions don't work, try going into steam and rightclicking UT3. There is an option somewhere there to set a commandline, or start with a command line. Add -mod=..\TheBall there.
    -Try deleting the file located here: C:\Documents and Settings\NAME\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\TheBall\Shaders - this will make the game load a lot slower the first time so have a bit more patience but it can fix a number of issues.
    If it keeps failing consider starting the game via the editor. Add "editor" to the commandline - so that would be ""C:\UnrealTournament 3\Binaries\UT3.exe" editor -mod=..\TheBall" for example, and once in the editor go to File - Open - and select a level. Then, press the little joystick button at the top right to play via the editor.

It asks for a CD Key.
    This can happen and we can't do much about it. Re-enter your UT3 CD key.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2009
  2. Hourences

Hourences New Member

Mapping information

Mapping for The Ball, and any singleplay game for that matter, is very scripting intensive. There is a great deal of Kismet going on in The Ball, and it is essential to have at least basic understanding of Level Scripting in UE3 if you want to attempt creating a level for The Ball.

To run the editor for The Ball, make a shortcut to UT3 exe and add "editor -mod=..\TheBall" - For example:
    "E:\UnrealTournament 3\Binaries\UT3.exe" editor -mod=..\TheBall

Attached to this post is a basic example level.

Here are some things to take note off and keep in mind - this is our internal mapping guide:

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 6, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.