Fans of USA Network's "Combat Missions"

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
Looks like one of the four civilian contractors killed in Fallujah (and burned and their bodies dragged through the streets etc) was Scott Helvenston, the obnoxious loudmouth from Delta Squad on Combat Missions

:eek:

1_23_040204_helvenston.jpg

Source

So I wonder if he lipped off to some of the "wrong" Iraqis
(okay ... maybe that was too cruel) :hmm:

Last edited:

NotBillMurray

It's Suntory Time!
Mar 11, 2001
Very nice. Kick dirt on the charred remains of a person torn apart by a mob.

I know you're being cheerfully callous, but that may be a bit too far.

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
I know you're being cheerfully callous, but that may be a bit too far.
I agree ... note my comment and corresponding "hmm" smiley.

However since a large percentage of folk in this forum side with the mob, I guess I'm guilty of pandering to this audience. :(

stoned_jedi

Ethically Challenged
Mar 4, 2002
Taunton
www.inforcers.net
id like to send anyperson who agrees with that mob over there, i can see the scene ow "Hey guys we agree with you 100% we think america sould pull out of iraq"

gee what would happen 20 seconds later?

OpFor

Feeling suicide, thats O.K.
Apr 26, 2001
Visit site
I bet those civillians really deserved it! Stupid white north americans! Lets go make fun of america some more. :rolleyes:

jaunty

Apr 30, 2000
stoned_jedi said:
id like to send anyperson who agrees with that mob over there, i can see the scene ow "Hey guys we agree with you 100% we think america sould pull out of iraq"

gee what would happen 20 seconds later?

You'd probably end up sharing a meal with them and disussing the finer points of tearing americans apart.

I would.

Cold Killer said:
Wrong quote?...

God yes.

Last edited:

Ranger 223

MS Paint Pimp
May 26, 2002
yeah, saw that earlier. A real shame. Im not gonna get political, but id like to see the savages that did it, burn in hell. It's one thing to kill someone. It's a complete other to kill them, mangle their body's, and hang them from bridges. That is just stepping over the line.

Oh well, i'll be over there soon enough. I just hope some filthy ****er tosses a beer bottle at me. As i have a 200 round box attached to my issue weapon that will SURELY ruin his day.

Cold Killer

I will Kill Bill
Feb 24, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Visit site
I almost agree with you. These people behaved like savages. Merely killing their enemy was not enough, they had to mutilate and exhibit their bodies? You would never catch a US soldier doing something like that(yes, I'm aware that's not completely true), and not merely because they would be punished for it.

However, these people have also been raised in an oppressive environment under a dictatorial ruler. Those youths that you can see chanting and dancing around in the videos- do they appear normal to you? Can you honestly blame them for behaving the way they are, when you would likely be doing the same if you were in their place?

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
OpFor said:
I bet those civillians really deserved it! Stupid white north americans! Lets go make fun of america some more. :rolleyes:
Ain't they just technicaly civillian? From what I understand they are mercenarys and as such on the same level as 'real' soldiers. Or did I get that wrong?

Ranger 223 said:
Oh well, i'll be over there soon enough. I just hope some filthy ****er tosses a beer bottle at me. As i have a 200 round box attached to my issue weapon that will SURELY ruin his day.
Yeah, you show em tiger! :rolleyes:

Nightmare

Only human
Sep 23, 2001
Finland
Visit site
Cold Killer said:
Merely killing their enemy was not enough, they had to mutilate and exhibit their bodies? You would never catch a US soldier doing something like that(yes, I'm aware that's not completely true), and not merely because they would be punished for it.

But those people are civilians. Probably not too different from the rednecks that sat around chanting "nuke them, nuke them" before the invasion. You'll find that kind of people in all too many places. :mad:

jaunty

Apr 30, 2000
All the best armies touted their victories with mutilation of the fallen enemies. Shit, that's what kept the Roman Empire going as long as it did. The vikings were so much cooler, though.

Cold Killer

I will Kill Bill
Feb 24, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Visit site
Nightmare said:
But those people are civilians. Probably not too different from the rednecks that sat around chanting "nuke them, nuke them" before the invasion. You'll find that kind of people in all too many places. :mad:
Do you think even rednecks would enjoy something like that?
jaunty said:
All the best armies touted their victories with mutilation of the fallen enemies. Shit, that's what kept the Roman Empire going as long as it did. The vikings were so much cooler, though.
America's army is the best in the world, and you don't see them mutilating the bodies of their fallen enemies.

ant75

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 11, 2001
Paris
America's army is the best in the world, and you don't see them mutilating the bodies of their fallen enemies.

Well, actually, i've seen a documentary on vietnam vets bringing home ears that have been cut off vietnamese dead soldiers, and braging about pictures of executed prisoners. There may only be a few soldiers involved in this, but riots in iraq only involved a few individuals as well, so i guess it shows that nothing is just black or white.

Take 100'000 iraqis soldiers. Make them bomb the US, then invade the US, and then capture Bush and take over the power. Let's see how americans will react when they get their hands on an iraqi soldier. Any mob in the world can do the most dreadful things.
I'm as sickened as you are by what happened, but to draw a line between civilized people and animals when you're comfortably sitting behind your computer is just to easy.

Last edited:

Cold Killer

I will Kill Bill
Feb 24, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Visit site
ant75 said:
Well, actually, i've seen a documentary on vietnam vets bringing home ears that have been cut off vietnamese dead soldiers, and braging about pictures of executed prisoners. There may only be a few soldiers involved in this, but riots in iraq only involved a few individuals as well, so i guess it shows that nothing is just black or white.

Take 100'000 iraqis soldiers. Make them bomb the US, then invade the US, and then capture Bush and take over the power. Let's see how americans will react when they get their hands on an iraqi soldier. Any mob in the world can do the most dreadful things.
I'm as sickened as you are by what happened, but to draw a line between civilized people and animals when you're comfortably sitting behind your computer is just to easy.
Read my post before the one you quoted. I understand completely what you're saying.

Spier

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
I think I saw that show when on vacation once. If that guy is the triathlon fellow, then he had it coming.
Heard about "lynching"? A redneck speciality.